Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

how to make a auto rotisserie?

So I've decided to just remove the body of my Camaro from the frame and just really make sure everything is cleaned up and painted. However seeing as how my only two options was to either jack the car up and go under it and spend days scraping at it or buy a rotisserie which are around a grand, I wanted to know if anyone has ever made one out of two heavy duty motor stands? Any advice or ideas would be appreciated as the car is also going to be getting mini tubbed and I see this helping in a huge way thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I built mine, I went to harbor freight for the bottle jacks and castors as well. I used it When I had the car tore down to pretty much nothing. If I was to do It again I would look towards the autotwirler. Mine is built pretty much the same. If you have time build it, If not just order one up. They also make Camaro adaptors for the rear frame.

I have a Roto2000 that I use but my friend built an auto rotisserie and said he wish he had just bought one from the start. After parts, planning, labor, time, money a full time job, spending time with family/friends its not worth the effort. Buy it and sell it later at a slight "lose" . It'll pay for itself after not having to crawl underneath your car. I don't know how I could of enjoyed building my car if I didn't have mine. Working on the ground underneath jack stands sucks.
      Ahmad B.

how to make a auto rotisserie?

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12222

I used the plans in the link above as a baseline. The engine hoists that I got at Harbor Freight were designed differently than those outlined in the plans. However, I was able to adjust the plans to utilize the pieces within the hoist kits that I bought.

Another helpful hint, look in automotive magazines for Harbor Freight coupons. I was able to find a coupon for an engine hoist for $99.

It was quite a bit of work, but spread out over a couple weeks a few hours in the evenings on the weekends etc. it wasn't too bad.

One disadvantage to this rotisserie design, is that it's specific to the Camaro. It would require building additional arms to accommodate other vehicles. Let me know if you need any other information or pictures.

I used Harbor Freight engine stands.

Quote Originally Posted by feeble View Post
      I used Harbor Freight engine stands.

that's exactly what I'm looking to make! where did you bolt the arms for the rotisserie?

I made one out of wood. It was cheap and easy to build.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ghlight=wooden

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com