Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

ridetech castor plugs?

I've got my front suspension set up on my 71 Nova with ridetech uppers & lowers, muscle bar, spindles and coil overs. I've also orders the extra castor plugs for alignment purposes. My question to you all is what castor plugs are you running with power steering in your cars? This will give a ball park setting to set up now before I have it aligned. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I'm running the centering plugs. 1968 Camaro, ridetech uppers and lowers with HQ coil overs and MuscleBar. When I called ridetech to order the other plugs prior to having the car aligned, they told me that they shouldn't be necessary for the street. I didn't end up needing anything other than the ones provided.
      I do not have the specs for what it was set at for the alignment.

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

ridetech castor plugs?

Thanks Jim for the response. I will leave the one that came with the kit, but now that I have the extra plugs I can use later down the road if I want to really get aggressive with it for road coarse runs.

do you have the offset plugs that came with the arm or a centering plug? I believe that the slightly offset plug is 4 degrees that's the one I use, with the guldstrand works great street and track

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      do you have the offset plugs that came with the arm or a centering plug? I believe that the slightly offset plug is 4 degrees that's the one I use, with the guldstrand works great street and track
      The ones that I have in there right now are centered which is the way they came. I did order the extra plugs, but will hold off putting them in till I have the car aligned. Hey Rod, with the ridetech arm and center plug where will my castor be, roughly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      The ones that I have in there right now are centered which is the way they came. I did order the extra plugs, but will hold off putting them in till I have the car aligned. Hey Rod, with the ridetech arm and center plug where will my castor be, roughly?
      I will ask the engineer Monday morning for you

I will ask the engineer Monday morning for you[/QUOTE]

Hello Rod, any info in that castor number?

Country Flag: Canada
      On my '69 chevelle the centered plugs only got me about 3º caster without a huge stack of shims. I just got the offset plugs to try and get rid of some shims.
      Gary Morris

1969 Chevelle
      TSP 418 LS3, North Texas Converter 4l80e
      Ridetech Level 2 coilover suspension, C6 Z51 Brakes
      See the finished product here:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lle?highlight=

2015 Camaro ZL1, intake, headers, pullies

Gmorris, that's what I've been reading that the center castor plug will yield about 3-4 deg. I too got the extra plugs just incase instead of stacking up shims. Thanks for the reply, every little bit of info make things a little easier.

the castor slug is about 3-4 degrees, that also depends on the frame rake, the higher the back (like when they stick those big ass 20 inch wheels on the back and 17-18-19 up front to create rake) the less the castor will be, with the correct frame configuration (level or almost) it will give you about 4 degrees with the G-mod it will be closer to 5-6 degrees

ridetech castor plugs?

Thanks Rod for that info. With my Nova I'm shooting for a level stance. So if I were to install one of the extra slugs which are 1/8 increments I should be able to achieve the extra 5-6 deg castor without the extra shims. Also don't have the Gmod done to the car. Cool thanks

Country Flag: Canada
      Some feedback on my chevelle. I just installed the #3 caster plugs and they basically put me to the same point I was at with the centered plugs and 4 very thick shims on the back bolt...3º. This allowed me to get about 6º with some shims. The extra 3º completely transformed the car. It stays centered much better, doesn't follow ruts nearly as bad and feels much more stable.

Gary Morris

1969 Chevelle
      TSP 418 LS3, North Texas Converter 4l80e
      Ridetech Level 2 coilover suspension, C6 Z51 Brakes
      See the finished product here:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lle?highlight=

2015 Camaro ZL1, intake, headers, pullies

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com