Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Thought I would give this thread an update. I was at this guys place today and talked with him some more about the cars. Seems like a lost cause to pursue anything more here. Everything outside is so far gone, a person cant justify spending the kind of money he wants for them. I saw what he has stored inside, and that is even more depressing. There are 6 first gen camaros inside, and 5 of them are convertibles. All of them have junk piled on top of them, and are parked super tight together. The one car I was able to get a picture of is a 69 SS convertible, Red with a black top.I couldnt even open the hood to see what engine it had because of all the junk on top of the hood! It has one tire that has fallen through the floor of the barn. Seems like only a matter of time before the whole building falls in on itself. There is a stack of NOS GM quarters, see the second pic. And this stuff is not for sale, or at least the way he put it, the cars outside have to sell before he will consider doing anything with the cars inside. This story is so sad, but I guess it is his choice to do what he wants with them since they belong to him, but I still cant help but think its wrong.
      I apologize for the crappy pics, it was the best I could do in that enviroment.
      So from here what can happen? Sit around and wait for his estate sale? He told me that he has 4 daughters, so that should be an interesting struggle to see how that would unfold. We have all heard horror stories about siblings fighting over the spoils of an inheritance. It could be a good show!

NOS quarters

Country Flag: United States
      This isn't sad at all. He is just a dumb horder that thought his junk was made of gold.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

When a auction house comes in, it may be interesting.. Sit tight and watch for auction postings.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      This isn't sad at all. He is just a dumb horder that thought his junk was made of gold.

Andrew
      I agree, I've stopped by tons of people's houses to ask them to sell me a 1st Gen camaro that had been sitting in there yards for years. Guess what, years later and the cars are still sitting in there yards rusting away. When they want to sell them they won't be worth building anymore. People who have these cars have hopes and dreams and I get that,but after 8 years or more of it just sitting in the weather I think it's time to sell.
      Ahmad B.

Im pretty sure he meant sad for the Cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      Im pretty sure he meant sad for the Cars...
      I'm pretty sure I was agreeing with him. ...
      Ahmad B.

Quote Originally Posted by grezzmky View Post
      The 69 Camaro we are doing right now got one frame rail, full one piece trunk floor, inner and outer wheel houses, both full quarters, inner and outer rear body panel, deck filler, and left and right full length floor patch panels (floor wasn't too bad) and both rockers plus a few brackets and rain gutters etc. The customer provided the rear body panel. The cost on the metal was around $2500. We have a little under 40 hours in getting the floors and the rail in and have had all other sheet metal hung and fit. We charge $75/hr so even if we end up at 80 hours total that's $8500 for the metal, fit, welded, seam sealed and primed. We also use epoxy and/ or a POR15 type product anywhere we can before it gets covered up by new metal.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4583433&type=3
      More than fair on the Price and it doesn't sound like you are Padding your Hours like some Shops do.

You or find a buddy to marry one of his daughters. ;-)

what if the daughters are kept in the same fashion as those cars?....

There's a guy here in East Texas that has alot of car in a shop that are just sitting. He has thousands of parts he has collected over the years and not willing to part with them unless for some stupid amount. I was able to buy a GM spoiler from him when I first met him. Asked about several other nice parts buy he wanted some ungodly prices. He has about ten cars inside, green 68 z with black stripes, with fold down rear seat with supposedly # matching. Asked about it and couldnt get anywhere. Several 69's and two 69 verts I think and all the cars are fixable. Several older guys told me before I even went to try and buy parts that he was a lil special. I believe them now.

Sedric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com