Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Master cylinder recommendation?

I am building a 69 firebird track-street car with a 570 horse Texas Speed LS3, ridetech stage 2 front and rear, Toyo R888 275 and 315's, Wilwood FNSL 13" 6 piston front and 12" D154 2 piston rear. I was considering the DSE master cylinder-booster combo, but don't know which one (size) to order if it is even appropriate. Thoughts? Thanks!
      Joe
      1969 Firebird Project
      1967 Frirebird 400 convertible
      2013 Boss 302

Country Flag: United States
      The problem i am having is DSE is out of stock of the parts we need. What you want is DSE's 9" dual diaphragm master cylinder with the 1" bore size for prop valve. Parts have been back ordered for several weeks. They sell it as a kit. I talked to DSE a couple days agoand they said it would be October 15th before the parts are in. Then they have to assemble them and then they will be ready for purchase. Sucks because i bought a Wilwood manual setup and its total JUNK! When Wilwood machine the manual cylinder they left meTal shaving in the valve itself so right out of the box new from Wilwood i had metal shaving go into my brake system. I am beyond pissed. Wait for DSE and give them a call.

Country Flag: United States
      There is a thread with part # for the booster and the master is off a s-10 pickup. I got one from rock auto for $66.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com