Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

wiring ford solenoid

Hey guys I have a 283 sbc in my 62 nova with a starter solenoid getting heatsoaked. I read up on the ford solenoid conversion and bought a ford solenoid yesterday. Just some confusion real quick. In the ford solenoid box came directions specifying to connect the positive battery terminal to the 'b' terminal, but on all the diagrams it says to connect the pos. battery terminal to the 'I' position on the solenoid (see attached pictures). Which should I use?
      I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

These are the pics
      Attached Images Attached Images    

wiring ford solenoid

You're saying the diagrams attached show connecting the pos battery cable to the I terminal? All I see is the pos cable going to the B terminal like you said the instructions say. Am I missing something?

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

wiring ford solenoid

I was just asking which directions I should follow, the paper direction or the picture diagram for where to connect the positive battery terminal
      I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by epeterson View Post
      I was just asking which directions I should follow, the paper direction or the picture diagram for where to connect the positive battery terminal
      Follow the paper directions. The photo you posted is of an old-style ford relay. Yours is the newer style.
      Read this: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t5268417-p...50_6cy_starter

Last edited by David Pozzi; 09-20-2014 at 12:55 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com