Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

corbeau seats installation

got my new seats for my Nova now i just have to figure out how to mount the brackets to the new floorboards. i bought a set of stock bucket seat mounts to weld to the floor but they come close but not a direct match
      any suggestions......thanks

Wine me Dine me 69 me....Nova that is

The way it looks from the pics the seats came with sliders?

The way I did it on my Impala was to take the sliders off from the new seats and then cut two angle irons with holes so I could bolt the tracks together the same distance as they would bolt on to the seats. This way you can prop up the tracks where you want and build the brackets down to the floor from there. It's a fairly easy way to get all the brackets in place since the floors are rarely flat and usually different from side to side.

I used the stock mounting bolts. Since the new pans don't have studs I would weld new studs to your floor pans as this makes removing and installing the seats so much easier. You can buy bolts with flat heads that would work great for this.

Remove the temporary angles and install the sliders back on to the seats after you have the brackets tacked together. Now you can see how well the seats fit before you weld everything together.

I would have cut off the stock brackets but the difference in width was enough where it worked better to make all new brackets. If the sliders on the stock seats are close to the same width you could get lucky and use the old brackets on your new sliders. Check to make sure the heights are the same as the brackets on my stock seats were different heights and those on the aftermarkets were level.

Good luck with the project. Mine is like driving a different car now with the new seats.

You could buy bolt in seat brackets for $140 ea, or make some stands for the sliders to attach to. I've used C channel or square/rect tube with one side cut off , drill holes for the sliders to mount to and weld nuts on the inside, then weld the stands to the floor.. Or flat stock/angle steel, there are many ways. Maybe for additional ideas look at Planted Seat Brackets on google and look at how they're made.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

thanks guys for the help. i actually bought corbeaus seat brackets made for my 69 nova which i thought would match up to the bucket mounting brackets. maybe i will cut up the brackets and weld them in somehow

Quote Originally Posted by dairdvl View Post
      thanks guys for the help. i actually bought corbeaus seat brackets made for my 69 nova which i thought would match up to the bucket mounting brackets. maybe i will cut up the brackets and weld them in somehow
      That's what I ended up doing, I bought the chevelle brackets and they were close but needed some work.... ended up cutting up the brackets and re-working them to fit my car.

How do you like the seats? I have been looking at this seat and Recaro's and of course this seat is slightly cheaper. But I am a big guy and think the lower part of this seat would be uncomfortable for long trips. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdseeling View Post
      How do you like the seats? I have been looking at this seat and Recaro's and of course this seat is slightly cheaper. But I am a big guy and think the lower part of this seat would be uncomfortable for long trips. Any thoughts?
      i dont have them in yet but they seem a little narrow for me. im 6' 2" about 185-190 not a really big guy
      we will see

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com