Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Low Mileage TKO 600 VALUE

I want a T56 Magnum, and I'm not going to put this in any of my cars. TKO 600 with about 2500-3000 miles on it, About 1000 miles ago I had an authorized Tremec dealer install carbon fiber blocker rings and had a full check-out done. It has the .64 5th gear and I can sell it with a hydraulic bearing and/or the LS engine quicktime bellhousing.

What should I ask for it?

Low Mileage TKO 600 VALUE

I wouldn't see why you couldn't get 2600 for it to the right buyer.
      Retail on a stock one is 2400 plus $600 or so for the bell.
      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I'd say 2k around there. Having test driven one it shifts like a truck. Which was disappointing since I was looking to get one to save some money over a magnum but I guess they call it the best for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by 71maroesteban View Post
      I'd say 2k around there. Having test driven one it shifts like a truck. Which was disappointing since I was looking to get one to save some money over a magnum but I guess they call it the best for a reason

Mine has carbon fiber lined synchros/blocker rings. I went from a ST-10 to this tranny and drove about the same in stock form . Not having driven a stick truck, don't have anything to compare to. I have driven an OEM T56 and I don't recall anything significant to say its shifts any differently than the TKO.

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by 71maroesteban View Post

Mine has carbon fiber lined synchros/blocker rings. I went from a ST-10 to this tranny and drove about the same in stock form . Not having driven a stick truck, don't have anything to compare to. I have driven an OEM T56 and I don't recall anything significant to say its shifts any differently than the TKO.
      the oem t56 isn't that great. Test drove one when I was thinking about buying one and just didn't really like how it shifted for the price of the trans. Also another thing people tend to like having 6 speeds instead of 5 even though the TKOs rationing works great with a lot of rear gears people just like to have double overdrive. Also the magnum hands down is such an amazing transmission my welding teacher got one for his impala and I could believe how smooth it was

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com