Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

'93 Mazda RX7 FD LS1 / T56

Well as you know by now you're probably thinking to yourself "what the hell is this guy trying to sell a car like this on this forum?". Well I'm looking for either a '70 nova or 67-69 camaro. I've been lurking on this site for a bit and theres some really nice builds on here. So I figured to give it a shot. Most likely a shot in the dark. I understand that most people on this forum may not be interested in such a different style car. That being said, lets keep the negative comments to ourselves. I have a ton of time and into this car as you guys do with yours as well. Try to respect the craftsmanship as well as the time it took to build. After all were all car guys no matter how you look at it. 'Im located in NY.

That being said. Take a look and see what you think. If there is something (454-502) you might want to part with feel free to ask as well.

Looking for $30k obo out right or possibly something worth around $25-$30k as a trade depending on the right car. Thanks for looking guys!

price drop. $28.500

'93 Mazda RX7 FD
      '02 ZO6 LS1 / T56 all stock 100% OEM. Rebuilt all seals and gaskets less than 200 miles ago. Meticulously built and combed over. It's a driver. And still at 400hp in a 2500lbs car, I would drive this car to CA and back without a second thought.
      All OEM Mazda gauges work as the should.
      Custom 3 to 4in straight piped exhaust. Everything tig welded, no bs.
      MGW t56 short shifter
      Vibrant carbon knob
      Walbro 255 fuel pump (in tank) new oem fuel filter
      Hinson motorsports swap kit. Rewelded sub frame. trans mount. I own a small fab shop and was not happy with the quality from Hinson.
      Banzai Racing rear diff brace
      Custom rear diff girdle
      Samberg V2 radiator kit w/ expansion tank. Not in production anymore. Grabbed the last one direct from them brand new.
      Wire tucked and replaced all old '93 wiring
      Gloss black painted bay
      ABS delete custom lines w/ proportion valve
      New brake master cyl
      New power steering pump
      New starter
      New water pump
      New oil pump
      New belt tensioner
      New timing chain
      All gaskets and seals replaced w/ oem throughout the entire engine
      battery relocation (kit) or whatever you wanna call it. In rear deck
      Push button start
      Aluminum power steering pulley disc.
      Sikky solid steering bushing
      Nardi deep corn steering wheel (new)
      NRG quick release steering hub (new)
      Autometer oil temp carbon gauge
      Autometer oil press carbon gauge
      Cipher reclinable race seats (clean)
      All interior panels refinished inc. Bose rear deck speakers
      Full professional respray 3-4 months ago. windows out. no corners cut.
      '99 JDM front bumper w/ OEM front lower spoiler
      BBS LM reps (relax. I know there reps. It's not a race car) 18x10.5 et22 w/15mm spacers out back (no rubbing what so ever) 0 camber front and rear
      255/35/18 new rubber. less than 200 miles
      Feed carbon side skirts
      Feed carbon rear lip spoiler
      Shine Auto carbon rear diffuser (not included) avail for additional $500
      theres prob a lot I'm leaving out but its a start.

Miles on the chassis are unknown. The engine had about 40k on it before it was rebuild. I've put prob 200 miles or so after the rebuilding on the engine. With a car like this the actual miles shouldn't be a factor to the buyer. Your interested in a hybrid car such as this has a chassis that is in immaculate condition as well as an engine that has had every nut and bolt combed over. So in my eyes the correct buyer that interested should only care about the condition of the components of the car, rather than the mileage it has on it. Everything on the car is in 100% functioning condition, which it should be in any build such as this. Again please contact me with any questions you may have. I built this from the ground up, so I know every square inch of it. All the pics of the build and the car are on my IG. giancarlo_lopassio. Again thanks for taking the time to check it out. Feel free to email me with any questions you might have, or if you want some vids as well. -John- [email protected]
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Dude, That is really a cool car. Good luck with you sale.

John,

Gorgeous FD. I've built a couple LS powered FCs. There won't be any negative comments from this crowd, but you do have to post a location in your ad.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Great work. The engine looks like it came that way from the factory.

Thanks guys.

andrewb70- fixed. sorry about that.

Does it have CATs and does it pass 50 state smog? I would definitely rather have a car like this over my Camaros, but smog is a deal breaker for these newer cars.

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Does it have CATs and does it pass 50 state smog? I would definitely rather have a car like this over my Camaros, but smog is a deal breaker for these newer cars.

Nope no cats. But its is a '93. So you wont have to worry about emissions. Well depending on what state your in maybe. I don't know much about emissions outta NY.

If I'm ever able to sell my LS2 '91 Z28, I want to do something like this next. FD's are very rare around my area and having one with an LS swap would be awesome.

The FD is probably one of the best car's i've owned! you did an amazing job with this one. Wish i could justify dropping the money on a two seater right now! (my wife and newborn would probably be less then supportive of this decision though).

good luck on the sale!
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

Awesome Looking Car!

Zoom-Zoom!

Quote Originally Posted by stickboie View Post
      Nope no cats. But its is a '93. So you wont have to worry about emissions. Well depending on what state your in maybe. I don't know much about emissions outta NY.
      In regards to California which has some of the most stringent laws it won't pass unless the car is BAR certified. California law states that you can transfer a motor from passenger car to another passenger car as long as the motor comes from a car of the same year or newer.

To pass BAR you'll need to transfer all the emissions equipment from the donor car and any modifications to the equipment may cause denied certification (this can include even modifying the headers to fit the new car). The law itself is a bit of a grey area and passing will be dependent on ref doing this inspection.

From what I remember the 2000 Camaro had the least amount of emissions equipment which made it the easiest to swap. But my memory may not be the best on this.

Just some additional info for anyone looking to purchase a car with a non factory swap and the legal way to go about it... the easiest is over course a buddy with a smog shop. Interstate transfer typically requires a vin verification and this can be done by triple A. Get lucky and get the old lady who knows nothing about cars and is just looking at the vin and emissions stickers on the hood and you could be golden.

Car is registered, insured and inspected with no problems where I live. Maybe this car esent for Cali residents? idk.

Awesome car dude!!! Wish i had the room. Beyond Bad a$$
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

That's beautiful man. I've owned two Mazdas (rx2 & 7) and they were both very fun cars.

GLWS
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

That thing is awesome! Hope you don't mind a compliment in your for sale thread. Sorry I'm not a potential buyer, well unless you want to trade for a 2010 Mazda3 hatchback?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

No negativity here, I had an FD before but it was still rotary. Yours looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by ADiCarlo View Post
      In regards to California which has some of the most stringent laws it won't pass unless the car is BAR certified. California law states that you can transfer a motor from passenger car to another passenger car as long as the motor comes from a car of the same year or newer.

To pass BAR you'll need to transfer all the emissions equipment from the donor car and any modifications to the equipment may cause denied certification (this can include even modifying the headers to fit the new car). The law itself is a bit of a grey area and passing will be dependent on ref doing this inspection.

From what I remember the 2000 Camaro had the least amount of emissions equipment which made it the easiest to swap. But my memory may not be the best on this.

Just some additional info for anyone looking to purchase a car with a non factory swap and the legal way to go about it... the easiest is over course a buddy with a smog shop. Interstate transfer typically requires a vin verification and this can be done by triple A. Get lucky and get the old lady who knows nothing about cars and is just looking at the vin and emissions stickers on the hood and you could be golden.
      Yeah, no CATS its already a failure where I live in California, and will be the same if I move to Vegas or SLC. I don't think the engine is a problem (as long as the cam isn't radical), just needs all the factory smog stuff and is working. Most of the big areas have the same rules.

price drop $28.500!!!!

Any trades out there?

Quote Originally Posted by stickboie View Post
      price drop $28.500!!!!

Any trades out there?
      does A/C and other interior components work? I have a 1970 nova that I can possibly trade

Very nice job on the swap, awesome car

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com