Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

65 chevelle rad help

Hi I'm currently tinkering with a 65 chevelle an have plans of building a fairly stout sbc. I was wondering what radiator you guys would recommend. I have been looking at radiators and the be cool direct fit is only good to 400hp. I have also contemplated going with a wide radiator that would sit on top of the frame rails and not in since Im not much of a welder and don't want to hack the frame up. Any input would be great guys, thank you

I went with a Mattsons on my 65 Chevelle 427 big block estimated 500 hp. It kept it cool using their shroud and dual electric fans. Now I have a 502 in the car but haven't run it yet.

65 chevelle rad help

BeCool offers higher hp rated ones. The 400hp may not come with fans. Dual fans in a shroud from them is rated at 700hp, with larger fans up to 1000hp.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

so I probably would be okay to go with a c&r rad I can get for 250ish used in good shape run two fans?

65 chevelle rad help

Yeah that'd be a good deal

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

We're a site sponsor here and we make a bolt-in radiator for your model, made in the USA by hand with NO epoxy or glue:
      http://www.rndfabrication.com/ABodyearly.html

C&Racing hands down killer radiator

Talk to paul hammond
      Scott C

I find so many people who know so little about heat management. I ran a factory 3 row Monza rad after sealing it with a sealer mix we had at rad shop to deal with unsolderable pin holes. Rad was literally a mass of pin holes after swapping tanks, and it help all year.
      My 86 Ford Ranger with a 350, I cooled it with stock 4 cyl non air rad and a solid 4 blade early 60s GM fan.
      So tell me how hard cars are too cool.
      My 402 BBC in my 70 Monte had a factory 3 row and was cooled by a single fan/shroud from a Olds Firenza 4 cyl.
      I just cant see why so many people have cooling issues with the amount of cash they invest in equipment.

Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com