Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

does turbo tubing need to be rolled at the ends?

Are there any options for securing a tight seal at a coupler on turbo plumbing, when the ends aren't rolled?

How much boost? You can get by with lower boost applications and no rolls.. For extra safety you can double up on clamps too.
      Vibrant sells a mini bead roller that we use on tubing, it's pretty cool but I think it's a couple hundred dollars .

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I ran for about 8 or so years with just straight cut ends and good hose clamps. I added bigger turbos (=more airflow) and blew the pipes off a couple times so I welded a couple spots of beads around the edge of the pipe and it hasn't had any troubles since. Bead roller is nice but weld is cheap! LoL!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

I've been running straight cuts and welds, like Schmoov69. Now I'm having to trim the intercooler inlets. Doing so cuts off the beads on the ends and since the tubes are welded to the cooler it's near impossible to re-do them with a traditional roller.

Hairspray on the tube before you put the hose on.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com