Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Motor opinion

Country Flag: United States

Motor opinion

I'm considering picking up a short block this weekend...but I am new to this and have no idea if it's worth the asking price.

403 ls2 short block, balanced, has all arp bolts, head studs, etc. The block was built by nutter racing engines. Hasn't been run since the build.

It's stuffed with the following (I think all was purchased from Texas Speed):

Lunati Forged LSx 6.125-Inch Connecting Rods with ARP 2000 Bolts, .927-Inch Pin
      Lunati Forged LSx 4.00-Inch Stroke Crankshaft with 58x Reluctor Wheel, 2.100-Inch Journals
      Wiseco Piston Set: 4.010-Inch Bore, 4.000-Inch Stroke,6.125-Inch Rod Length, -10cc Dish, 1.110-Inch CH, Includes Steel Top/Napier 2nd Ring Set

He's asking $3600 for the setup. Thoughts?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Country Flag: United States
      That's probably a pretty fair price for what it is, but what's your total budget and overall plan? Depending on head choice and if you're going NA or FI those -10cc pistons may be an issue, worth thinking about before your stuck with a short block you have to "make work". Also if I were going LS now I would go straight to an LS3 not LS2, stronger block and more displacement stock. For pure LS engine questions you'll probably find more of a response on LS1tech.com forums in case you just want to ask questions before buying anything.

81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com