Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Mexico

flywheel and clutch

What are some good clutch and flywheels for a t56 magnum to a pontiac motor with 500+HP ...for street car

Country Flag: United States

flywheel and clutch

Just sold a magnum kit to a guy with the same setup, complete from American Powertrain. He's been driving it, says everything feels good. Let me know if I can help you out.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Mexico
      What does the kit come with ? He went with close or wide ratio? Im planning to start purchasing in a month or so....so far i think ima go with close ratio and quicktime bell housing....

flywheel and clutch

Close ratio. It comes with everything needed. However, this guy decided to go mechanical actuation rather than hydraulic. I prefer hydraulic.
      You'll need misc wiring pigtails, a speedo cable to match your rear end ratio and tire size, driveshaft yoke, throw out bearing, etc.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I would go to McLeod for the clutch. American Powertrain is all over a number of forums and not in a good way. They will sell you whatever you need but if there is any questions or issues you can forget help. I can have a friend vouch for that. The kit I saw looked very cheap and it chartered and slipped. When he called and they verified the he set it up correctly they moved on to blaming him for not using their flywheel. What kind of craps are they selling to where you have to use their flywheel only. Save some time and money and go with McLeod.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com