Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Question about stainless steel radiator hose

I was making a template for a 304 stainless steel upper radiator hose but my friend said it might be a problem. He said that it might break or crack the radiator inlet tube when the engine torques. So my question is how much rubber hose at the connections is needed to make sure I don't run into any problems?

Country Flag: United States

Question about stainless steel radiator hose

I'd say if you had 3/4" between the end of the rad inlet and the stainless tube and they're connected with rubber that you wouldn't have an issue. If you were able to use a 90 degree hose off of either end it'd help because it'd be on a different plane and would flex more because of the additional rubber.

-Dale

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com