Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States

LSA Performance upgrades

Using a walbro 400.

and the project begins. The ss convertible went in to the shop today. The LS6 comes out tomorrow, The LSA (along with ugrades) then goes in. Should be over 720 at the motor

2003 Crewcab Dually Dirtymax

1980 Malibu...6.0 LSx turbo on the stand.

2000 SS th400 little juice

2002 C5 glide swap, motor shopping

1970 Nova... still waiting.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...psfxamlt6h.jpg
      Two steps back for a great leap forward!!!!!!

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...psfxamlt6h.jpg
      engine out, tank out, cam springs etc...going into new engine.
      Just ran into a new hang up. Different bolt pattern on flywheel from lsa to ls6 (to t56) think i may need to buy a clutch (uggggg more $$$$$$$)

What are you selling your LS6 for? Are you willing to ship it to TX? 76544 (Fort Hood)

I just sold my CTS-V last month and had considered building a LSA for my current project. Good luck....its a great motor and I miss the power already.

Upper/lower pulleys are great. 2.5 Upper and 8.6 lower is what I would recommend. The 9.1 would produce to much additional heat. Ported heads are a must. I would also recommend porting the Snout and TB too. Leave the supercharger itself alone you will increase the chance of breaking the bearings.

BTR 2.5 or 3 would make a good cam. Lvl 3 since you have a manual. Get a OEM Clutch!!!!!

With Headers I put down 650rwhp. PM me a price on the LS6. Thanks!
      1967 Buick GS400--SOLD
      2010 CTS-V (Daily Driver)
      Looking for a GMC Syclone/Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Genros View Post
      Guys,

I have the engine back at the shop. It has 11ooo miles on it, Its stock out of a 2011 ctsv. Figure now is the time to do any mods it needs. ANyone familiar with the LSA that can give me some recommendations? What should i do to it while its out of the car. The performance shop recomended pulley and 90lb injectors but that can be done in or out. Im looking for 700hp (but the most torque I can possibly get) torque is more fun than hp (to me)
      Probably should have called Thomson Automotive, and Brian would recommend the best upgrades for your CTS-v. Power is being made in change with ported heads and new cam. My LS3 418 with LS9 was re-built by Thomson Automotive, and I upgraded my L92 ported heads to Brian's new LS9 CNC ported heads. Same as Mark Stielow engine, and new cam. 85cc for the fuel injectors. I am at 841 hp and 816 ft/lbs of torque at only 11 psi. Dave never tested my engine at 15 psi. Brian is making more power without headers, but he uses the stock corvette manifolds. I plan to use Ultimate headers on my 67 Camaro.

My old test results were 684 hp and 787 ft/lbs of torque at 15 psi, but ported L92 heads and different cam.

I did speak to Thomson. An awesome encyclopedia of knowledge, however that all comes at price. I couldnt justify the extra 10g it wouldve cost me to not only ship it to him and back plus the added expense of Thomson. I completely appreciate you pay for the best. I just went to the best locally.

What sc are you running

If you get an engine built by Thomson automotive, and you want 650rwhp from the supercharger. Main issue for any SC application is building bottom end and compression ratio to be compatible with boost. It's all about the combination and making all components work together. Brian only buys the best USA made parts. Oliver rods, Callie cranskhaft (usa made), diamond pistons, etc. Cost might seem rather high, but if you want that power, then you have to build an engine that can handle it. LSA was only designed to handle 556 hp. LSA has smaller supercharger 1.9L, cast pistons, etc. Your car has to be built to handle the power as well. The car has to be structurally sound, so you have to replace lot of sheet metal. I know exactly the parts in mine, because we did the work. Transmission, rear end, fuel, cooling, etc.

I have LS9 supercharger 2.3L in the new build of my engine. Although, I am selling my Harrop TVS 2300. There is a guy interested, so I have to see if it sells. So technically, I have 2 superchargers...
      Mine was built to handle more power, so I have crower crankshaft, crower billet rods, custom forged ross pistons, arp studs, bolts. Originally, I had my engine built at a local race shop to save money. That was a mistake on my part, but Brian went through my engine and we increased the power to 841 hp. I just dropped my engine at Thomson's Automotive, to save on shipping costs. One trip, I got to drive Brian's 72 Chevelle supercharged LSX454 Chevelle.

Jeff

LSA Performance upgrades

I can't agree with you more. I just kept it close to home this time around. How much for your sc?$$$ pm me as I don't want to change the subject of the thread (I have two other projects I'm working on that would love a 2.3 sc)

LSA Performance upgrades

Got the car back together!!!!first dyno pull rendered 550rwhp
      Later tuning and a different throttle body (og was acting up) pulled 580 and still tuning

Country Flag: Canada
      Pics or video pleeeease ...
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

guys,

When under the car i found the original builder went from crimped bent 2 1/2" eaxhaust to the mufflers then out of the muffler with 2" bent over the axle between the panhard bar and axle tube. Its strangling the engine big time. I installed a 3" into 31/2" into 4" muffler and dumped at the axle but it rattles the filling from my teeth with drone. I am goig ot try to put a turn down on it today. Anyone do anything trick to get 3" over the axle when running a 4link with panhard bar?

You may have to go under the axle. Several folks doing this. Otherwise you end up making pockets in the trunk floor to clear the exhaust. The drone may be from the Flowmasters. Less drone from Magnaflow in my experience.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

order some 3" madrels today, along with ultraflows. Im thinking the 4" along with being flowmasters was the dang reason

I'm looking at doing the same swap that you did in your camaro except for running the 6l90 behind it. My wife had a '12 cts-v and I love the way it drove. I can't imagine how much fun it would be driving in a lighter camaro. With that being said, if you don't mind, I do have some questions.

Which wiring harness did you go with?
      What computer did you use?
      How did you modify the accessories to get them to fit?
      What engine mounts / oil pan did you use?

Thanks buddy, I appreciate all your help!

And to answer your question, I would go with a Lingenfelter cam and their supercharger pulley kit and let it ride with long tube headers. The pulley kit comes with the upgraded coupler. You can do more for more power, but with the amount you will be making, I'd drive it first like that to see if you actually do want more power. To me, if you can't hook it, it doesn't really matter if you add more.
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

This thread was dangerous for me. It made me start looking at supercharging my 418 and doing the math on the parts. I am holding off for now, but it is tempting.
      Stephen

Very cool build! The LSA is my favorite pick of the LS engines for retrofits! I'm installing one in my '69 Camaro vert, as well as my '61 Chevy Parkwood station wagon. I also have a '14 CTS-V wagon, and it's very easy to max out the stock injectors. My V wagon has nothing more than our TSP 9.45" lower pulley, Airaid CAI, ported snout, and ported throttle body, and injector duty cycle was at 104%. Next round of mods will be Injector Dynamics 850cc injectors, heads/cam, and ported blower. The best part is you can keep the cam mild and make it drive like stock, until you put your foot down! The '61 Parkwood is currently at Roadster Shop in IL getting one of their Fast Track chassis installed. The LSA and 6L90 trans will get slipped in place on the chassis before the body gets bolted down. It will have heads/cam, 9.55" lower pulley, ID850 injectors, ported blower, and long tube headers. We plan to have it at a few events next year to run around the road course, as well as down the dragstrip!

Post up some pics under the hood if you can. I'd love to see it completed!

Trevor

Any updates on this project?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com