Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast
    Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1546
      Oh wow. I've been watching your videos for years. Never subscribed and never knew it was you.

Will do this weekend. Great content.

- Andrew W

Done!
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Country Flag: United States
      "Done". Good luck man!

Subscribed!
      I am sure the Pro-Touring community will get you well over 1000 new subscribers, your detailed write ups and videos have helped many of us along the way.
      Good luck!
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

Thanks for the info about youtube. My son has been after me to pursue this as you have. Now I see how far you have to go to be financially worthwhile. Good luck!

Country Flag: Netherlands
      subscribed! I might have seen other vids, checked back and watched the EFI pump replacement...good info!
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Subscribed!

I can't believe that it is the middle of March already. The weather here has been funky, with a combination of really warm days and then followed by cold days and even frosty nights. Regardless, not much to report on the Cougar, but a small update none the less. Nothing like driving a hotrod on a relatively regular basis.

After coming home from LSFest last September, I noticed that my driver's side rear tire was showing chords. I guess that solves the mystery of why I couldn't hook up! Overall I am very pleased with how long the tires lasted and how they drive on the street. They may not be the most optimal for drag racing, but let's get real here, this car lives 362 days of the year on the street.

I wanted to get through the winter without having to buy new tires. This wasn't a big deal because I really don't drive the car if it is raining. But finally it was time to get new tires. I ordered up two new Mickey Thompson drag radials. It looks like Mickey Thompson made some changes to their tire line-up. The drag radial with treads is now called ET Street SS and actually has a pretty decent looking tread patter that is probably way better in the rain than the old drag radial design. I ordered the same size, 255/60-15.

There was some drama involved with finding a local tire place that would actually promise to be careful with the wheels and not damage them. The first place (a national chain) just refused to do the work. The next place was great and clearly understood that damaging wheels is not acceptable.

I am digging the new tread design:

Thanks for reading my relatively boring update.

I am still looking for subscribers to my YouTube channel, and would appreciate it very much if more of you would subscribe.

I am also looking for some input. I am getting a little bored with the overall look and I was thinking of changing things up a little. I want to ditch the intake and install an Eliminator style scoop to cover the hole in the hood. I am also thinking about lowering the front a little and giving it more of a rake.

As always, any and all input is welcome and appreciated.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I just subscribed to your channel. Nice tires, I was looking at those before I decided on the ones I got. I understand the wanting to change things up. I keep finding new stuff to do or change up with my Camaro.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the size 255.60.15.
      Mentally, that size is odd and nearly incomprehensible. haha
      Would love to see a side photo of the car with those shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Chris Davis View Post
      I just subscribed to your channel. ....
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      I have a hard time wrapping my head around the size 255.60.15.
      Mentally, that size is odd and nearly incomprehensible. haha
      Would love to see a side photo of the car with those shoes on.
      It is the same tire size that I had on the car since the beginning.

Image from this article:

http://www.timelessmuscle.com/featur...ro-rat-cougar/

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Andrew, this is my opinion. I am old and have been involved with hot rods since 1963. My take on your intake is the 60's gasser style that the car is jacked up in the front. If the eliminator scoop is tall enough, I think that would be appropriate. If not, you might consider the thunderbolt tear drop look. My favorite Cougar look is fairly level with larger meats on the rear and skinny's on the front. I always thought that looked like the real drag cars from that era. If it's too tall for any of that, I would consider a 70's style pro stock scoop before they got so large. IMHO.

I am looking for some advice on what to do with the paint. Being that the car lives outside and the sun is pretty brutal in Alabama, the roof and other top surfaces are taking quite a beating.

I have read that various "rat rodders" use a product called Penetrol to seal old paint and keep the bare metal spots from rusting. I searched around but was unable to find detailed information or really any sort of "before" and "after" pictures.

I was thinking of basically taking a ScotchBrite pad to the whole car to knock off the flakes and rough spots, then coating the whole car with Penetrol. I like how the ICON "Derelict" cars look, but I am sure they use a different process.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

From the looks of that picture you could get the car vinyl wrapped in snake skin print and it should look the same.

Joking aside, what about knocking the loos stuff off, and clear coating with a flat clear.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

srcracing did the Penetrol treatment to his 50' Chevy Fleetline. I like the look, but from some angles it almost looks wet. I'm sure it changes as the coating ages. Start at post #108.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ot-build/page4

Name:  20170930_163710.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  263.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nitroracer View Post
      srcracing did the Penetrol treatment to his 50' Chevy Fleetline. I like the look, but from some angles it almost looks wet. I'm sure it changes as the coating ages. Start at post #108.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ot-build/page4

Name:  20170930_163710.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  263.1 KB
      Thanks for the link. I have actually PMed srcracing and he has been very helpful.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Valspar Kubota Orange Tractor and Implement paint!

https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...=1522769168435
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

In my never ending quest for minor improvements, I decided to tackle a small issue that I've had since the start. For my stereo, I am using a little Kenwood Bluetooth amp. I made a video a while back about its features.

The amp has a built in USB port that I have been using to charge my phone. While this worked OK, I found that the phone charged very slowly and that if I was streaming Pandora, and was listening to it through the car stereo, the charger actually did not keep up. So over the course of a long road trip, the phone battery would eventually die.

So I went on Amazon and picked up a dual USB, 4.2amp (total) charging port. I was originally going to put it in the panel that holds the controls for the amp, but that was not going to work for various reasons. Instead, I opted to install it where the original cigarette lighter used to be inside the ash tray. This involved enlarging the hole to 1 1/8" which I did with a Dremel tool and a small carbide bit.

The charging port also has a voltage display, which is kind of handy to reference before even starting the car.

Nice thing about having it inside the ashtray is that it is completely invisible when not in use. Now the phone holds its charge while enjoying music on the road.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I like the fact it displays voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      I like the fact it displays voltage.
      I actually did not want the voltage display, but I could not find a 4.2amp charger that did not have it. Now that I have it, it seems handy.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com