Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro RS project

Hey guys I need your help to determine what this car is worth and if I should pay what the buyer is asking for. This is a 69 Camaro RS and I have verified it and it is a true RS. Ok let me start by saying it has no engine/trans but does have the floors done and partial quarter panels done as well. The white Dover color well the parts that are left over are there as you can see which is the correct color. It also has the rear deluxe interior midnight green with the rare fold down seat in the rear which was odd but cool at the same time dont think I have ever seen a 69 camaro with the fold down seat but thats another rare cool option. It will need driver side rocker, doors look like they will be needed and so do the fenders. Oh yea it comes with power windows but no dash tach, center console or dash. The car has no title only transferable registration since thats all they offer in NY and bill of sale. He is asking for $6k. here are some pics
      Attached Images Attached Images                    

Wow, you can even get a buildable 69 Camaro project for under $10k? Seems like a steal to me... well not really, but for a 69 Camaro that seems very fair. That's exactly like what I've been trying to find for a future project, except all I can find are total heap 67/68's for $10k.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

so would you say its a good find and very fair price wise

Quote Originally Posted by Windy City Chevelle View Post
      so would you say its a good find and very fair price wise
      I can say that if this was local to me I would likely buy it...

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I don't want to say one way or another because I'd have to see the car through and through. But if it were near me, and the floors and inner structure were "mostly" intact, I would jump on it. Especially since it looks fairly complete (at least compared to other cars I've built!).
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

So, did you get it...?

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      So, did you get it...?
      The guy is on vacation and will be giving him a deposit then once I pick It up pay the rest. Everything checks out as an RS which is a plus and I personally never have seen a 69 with the rear fold down seats which I know is a rare option, have you ad would you say it's a good buy

Looks like a nice find, how did you determine it was a RS car? Also did you get it?
      Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
      Looks like a nice find, how did you determine it was a RS car? Also did you get it?

If you look at all the options it had no plane jane Camaro came with or even were ordered with the rare rear fold down seat, deluxe interior, has the 12 bolt rear end, power windows, the RS options and the rear reverse light. The original color well whats left of it was actual dover white as you can see and the seat are original midnight green. Then a sent the info to someone who actually has collected nothing but SS or RS since the 80's. He had me take good pics of the inner rear tail panel most that convert to RS do a poor job putting in a new rear tail panel and the correct mounting holes and also there is a 3/4 in punched whole (not drilled anyone can drill a whole but cant duplicate factory punched whole) right above the fuse box which is were the vacum line for the front headlights go which is there again not drilled its punched. Also something I didnt know the front headlights had a wiper kind of set up as well. This is how it was determined it was a true RS and the car has not been registered or driven since 94 and I am sure it has not seen the road since the 80's.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com