Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67' cougar looking for a pack, errrrr pride

Hello all! Frequent this sight often and with the devastating loss of Popular Hot Rodding, (and other great literature) I wanted to register to keep the culture strong. I am registered on a couple other forums but have grown disappointed with the content and drama they have become corrupted by..... anyway,.. I am a mechanical engineer and aspiring welder from Colorado. My daily driver is a 1986 T-top mustang with an 01' Cobra IRS (well it will be as soon as I sell my current DD) I'm planning to do the Coyote swap in the next year or so but we'll see. Most of my interest for joining this forum is because I recently brought my 1967 Mercury Cougar out of storage after 13 years!!

Cant wait to start taking her apart but have couple other things on my plate right now.

Hoping to meet other like minded individuals and take advantage of the experience and wisdom that i'm sure many people have to offer. I just hope I can contribute and share some of the things I have learned. I am also at a point in my life that I will be able to get into some racing/autox/performance driving events and look forward to learning the ropes.

Country Flag: Canada

67' cougar looking for a pack, errrrr pride

I've always liked the cougars even more than the Mustangs. If you're looking for cheap donors and you're close to the us/canada border check KIJIJI classics are cheap!'69 Cougar on Kijiji http://owensound.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-69-Cougar-W0QQAdIdZ1008971720

Welcome!

Welcome! Can't wait to see the build.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome aboard! Killer Cougar. Cant wait to see some progress on it. Whatcha go in the plans for it?

Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      Welcome aboard! Killer Cougar. Cant wait to see some progress on it. Whatcha go in the plans for it?
      well first things first I guess,... I'll start striping it as soon as I empty some totes and phase 1 will be getting it running again I suppose. Ill probably start with some body work and suspension and brakes. undecided on the front suspension but I would like to do a torque arm and watts link out back. I have a 9" and an 8.8 out of an explorer, just trying to decide which one to use. She will probably stay a small block pushrod for a while. I will never sell her so I would like to rebuild and restore her as much as possible before I start modifying and fabricating. Still mulling around a build name and theme but i'll start a project thread as soon as i'm decided..... given that we have been separated for the last 13 years i'm supper anxious to get started so it will likely be very soon!!

nice project! Welcome as well from Denver, My buddy has a 68 as well and even though I'm mostly a gm guy they do have a soft spot for me!...I do happen to own a 98 GT though....lol!
      Ernesto M.

Clean looking car! Can't wait to see the progress.

73 Maverick Grabber Project

My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

nice to see another Cougar here, I guess I should start on a build thread for mine someday. LOL
      1967 Cougar XR7, DSE, Sbf, TKO600. PM me about wheel tool rental

Quote Originally Posted by 85GPLEf41 View Post
      nice project! Welcome as well from Denver, My buddy has a 68 as well and even though I'm mostly a gm guy they do have a soft spot for me!...I do happen to own a 98 GT though....lol!
      Thanks,.. always nice to meet somebody from Colorado! Yeah, don't run across very many people that don't like them,.. there is just something about them

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
      Clean looking car! Can't wait to see the progress.
      Thank you. Always wanted to build a Maverick,... almost traded my Coug for one many years ago, but just couldn't do it. some day i'll have a Grabber though,.. some day

Quote Originally Posted by 67cougnut View Post
      nice to see another Cougar here, I guess I should start on a build thread for mine someday. LOL
      Yes, yes you should! post up some pics, I always like seeing Cougars. Don't see to many,... didn't see any couple years ago but they have been growing in popularity.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I clicked on this your picture because it looks a lot like my Cougar, although yours is in much better shape! I just bought mine back after being apart for 22 years! I sold it hastily in 1994 after fixing it up with my dad... I regretted it the moment the new owner drove away. Anyway, I ran into the guy who used to work on it with us and he actually new the current owner. Miraculously, she was willing to sell it back to me and it's parked at my house again. I've had it for 3 months and I'm still in shock. I can't wait to fix 'er up again and get on the road!
      I'm from SD, so have already been looking for some parts in CO... do you happen to have an extra front bumper?

Name:  COUGAR JFW.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  102.9 KB

There's a few of us from Colorado here, Chev Korbin. I have a 69 cougar XR7 that I'll be starting to work on really soon.

Michael

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com