Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Thinking of buying a used Miller Dynasty 200 DX

I have it at my house, but I am not a TIG welder yet, owner is going to come over this weekend & do some welding with it. I found out he has it because his daughter & my daughter are in the same class. So what should I look for to make sure it is working correctly? I found how to find the hours on it so I will do that tonight. He uses/used it for work so I imagine hours might be high on it. But if price is right..... Looks like this welder has a lot of settings that can be modified. That can be good and bad.

Give me some advise on what to look for please.
      Thanks
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

How much is he selling it for? Why did he say he was selling it? When ever a shop is selling a welder I shy away. To me there's a good reason he's selling it. I always Imagine how many hourly employees have used it and abused it. When people don't have to pay for an item out of there own pocket they trend not to take care of it.
      Ahmad B.

What he tells me is it is how that he has to have for work, it is an extra one he has. He is a Welder for the military ship industry. for unit alone $2300. I accessed the hour meter and it says 001922 for arc time, if I'm right that is 19 hours and 22 minutes, then it changed to 005989, some type of arc counter....?

It has some scratches on it, says from carrying around in the ship.

What do you think, sound fishy?

Any way I can tell if it is registered to someone?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

For $2300 i would buy a brand new HTP tig welder from USA WELD. If he's selling you just the unit with no foot pedal, no torch, no ground clamp, no Hose and regulator , that's pricey. After buying all the extras needed your probably looking at closer to $3100. Kind of strange he wants to get rid of the extra welder but keep the Accessories.
      Ahmad B.

I was also looking at an HTP 210, I think I will go that route.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Correction, his price is $2300 for everything except gas cylinder.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

FWIW I've used Miller Dynasty 300 and 350's that would run around the clock when we ran 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift at my work. They will run almost constantly and still work perfectly. Also worth noting I can weld aluminum better with a Dynasty than any other welder I have used. ..The attached pic was done with a several year old Dynasty 300dx
      Justin Snow

Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      FWIW I've used Miller Dynasty 300 and 350's that would run around the clock when we ran 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift at my work. They will run almost constantly and still work perfectly. Also worth noting I can weld aluminum better with a Dynasty than any other welder I have used. ..The attached pic was done with a several year old Dynasty 300dx
      So are you saying I should buy it instead of a new HTP 221?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Dont know about the price ($2300 does not sound too bad), but the Dynasty is a GREAT machine. Traded up my 180sd and have not looked back.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com