Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      No, but when the entire quarter panel or hood/nose is plastered with wilwood, ridetech, DSE, or whatever it just takes away from the street car aspect. Most of the contingency sponsor size decals are smaller at least. I could see restricting it to the area behind the front tire to the door and maybe the top of the windshield, keep it tasteful and more street-car. I realize it is a balance between those paying the bills for the series, but a lot of it seems more like the car builder or parts sponsor for the car owner, not the series.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      No, but when the entire quarter panel or hood/nose is plastered with wilwood, ridetech, DSE, or whatever it just takes away from the street car aspect. Most of the contingency sponsor size decals are smaller at least. I could see restricting it to the area behind the front tire to the door and maybe the top of the windshield, keep it tasteful and more street-car. I realize it is a balance between those paying the bills for the series, but a lot of it seems more like the car builder or parts sponsor for the car owner, not the series.
      You must really hate my Monte Carlo then. Wrangler has zero skin in the build or coin in my pocket, but Schwartz Performance has been by my side since the concept of doing a chassis for a G body came up in conversation. I proposed to them to do the Wrangler wrap for Daytona to get some tv time. They funded it. I believe that they have gotten their money's worth in the two show its been on so far. This is why I have sponsor stickers on my car. It will create exposure for them and hopefully create more business for them. This in turn comes full circle and helps me in parts and services.

DSE, ridetech, and Wilwood are USCA sponsors. They deserve a spotlight for their wares. Without them the TV show may not happen.

I dont blame you one bit, and the car is tastefully done period.

Howehot, actually I liked yours, maybe tame down the Scwartz on the quarter unless you got the chassis for free, but I liked it, especially since I'm a Dale Sr fan! Cool car.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Just a question about those decals. Are they static cling or otherwise easily removed? I'm also curious what effect if any having an Odyssey battery installed in the car would have on entry.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Just a question about those decals. Are they static cling or otherwise easily removed? I'm also curious what effect if any having an Odyssey battery installed in the car would have on entry.
      The required USCA decal package is vinyl and are easily removed. Not having an optima battery will not effect your entry.

I have seen the first two shows and don't think I will be running home to watch any others. Too much fluff and I agree that the commercials are more exciting then the actual shows!

Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Has anyone watched the new Optima TV Series?

Just finished watching the Road America episode...and I think it will be my last viewing of this show. I'm not really into watching hour long infomercials.

And I know that there were more than 10 cars at that event!! Show the cars guys!! Stop all the interviews and nonsense...blah blah blah...oh hey look a car...blah blah blah. Sorry but I had high hopes for this and it's just a let down.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

I have watched the episodes through Fontana @ Auto Club and I think they have improved the show as they progress. Still too little driving action and way to much talking by the staff...outside of participating in Pro Touring events and watching friends from around the country race, not sure I would be interested otherwise to watch this series...it could be better, like horse racing, give everyone a call during the show, get all the cars on camera, not just the sponsored cars would go a long way...
      Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      Just finished watching the Road America episode...and I think it will be my last viewing of this show. I'm not really into watching hour long infomercials.

And I know that there were more than 10 cars at that event!! Show the cars guys!! Stop all the interviews and nonsense...blah blah blah...oh hey look a car...blah blah blah. Sorry but I had high hopes for this and it's just a let down.
      I'll agree with you here. optima being the big name behind the event has opened it to better venue's, but the television side has suffered. They want to expose the sport to new people, but this format is not going to bring out the masses.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com