Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      We are currently using Windows 7.

Just using the Esc key does nothing.
      Same with the WORK IN PROGRESS window/ Press to stop to interrupt this operation (does nothing).

Most of the time the system works as it should.
      But at times even the simplest task will need to process overnight (and sometimes just sticks on UPDATING).

I did a NX Command Finder search on "escape" this morning and did not see anything.

Thanks
      Last edited by GaRys69; 08-19-2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Update
      Gary Rys
      69 Camaro

I did a search for "Escape" in NX8.5 and got nothing either. It works in 85, but I was still thinking it has been there for a LONG time. I'll ask around.

The stop button you mention, yeah that sometimes doesn't work well, or at all. Something to do with how the processor in the computer works, if it is loaded up with a lot of things to process & you press the stop button, that is then next in line for what it is processing. May take a while to get to it. Ctrl-Alt_Delete, kill process works much quicker.....:-)
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Escape to exit a dialog is available in NX6, unless the escape key has been reassigned to another function. That is what I am told from other NX support people.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Well, I think this thread has gotten far enough off course. I don't mind discussing which program or where to learn, but this isn't very relevant to the original question.

You are right, please forgive us.

One thing that makes life so much easier while working with modeling/assemblies is to get a good SpaceBall.
      You can use a mouse but it is a pain.
      Gary Rys
      69 Camaro

Started out on autocad R11, got training on ProE when I started my first drafting job. We phased out autocad there and took up SolidWorks. Used SolidWorks through 2009 and still use autocad 2004 at home and occasionally at work. While I was unemployed in 09 autodesk offered free Inventor for training for 6 months I think. Once I was back to work we used SolidEdge (hate that software, hate might not be a strong enough word), then we switched to NX, currently using 9. The only thing I don't care about with 9 is they changed dimensioning, it seems more cumbersome. I also use a student version of Solidworks 2009 on my home pc I use to play with. More on topic, go for your engineering degree. Like others have said, I'm getting too old to spend money towards a degree to benefit my career. I've been able to make a decent income based on my experience prior to doing design work but not nearly as much had I went on to get my bachelors.
      Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

I took "continuing education" night classes at a school in Detroit to learn CAD. I use auto desk Alias automotive. This is more for design 3d modeling and class A surface modeling.
      In my experience all the OEMs that I've worked for engineering depts use catiaV5.
      Solid works is made by the same company and is a little more user friendly then catia.
      Never seen any of the others used in the OEM automotive field but I'm sure any of them could work if you know what your doing. A lot of CAD software has the same tools just different names.
      Also don't pay for software if it only for personal use, too exspensive. A seat(license) in catia can run up to 75k a year with all the bells and whistles. Alias 35k/yr. solid works 5k/yr
      There are student copy's and free trials available for most of them

I agree with the "spaceball". I used one years ago with Unigraphics, I have one now that I use with AutoCAD, only thing now they're called 3DCONNEXION. Great piece of equipment though. Now if I just had a real job to use it. I just play around anymore.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com