Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

hydro boost pro's and con's????

I am thinking of converting to hydro boost on my 72'Monte Carlo. I will be running a good size cam in my big block. I know it connects to the power steering pump. Has any one instill hydro boost on there ride?
      86'monte carlo ss. Plan to build a bare bones protouring hotrod with a turbo ls1 and 4l80e.

Here is an excellant article from PHR. It's a good read and will get you knowledeged up on the swap.
      http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...st_hydra_stop/
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Thanks, that is a great write up on hydro boost brakes
      86'monte carlo ss. Plan to build a bare bones protouring hotrod with a turbo ls1 and 4l80e.

There really is no disadvantage to hydroboost, everyone we have setup with a unit has been very happy once they get used to the upgraded power...

Guys coming out of a manual drum car to a Hydroboosted 4 wheel big brake kit will have a LOT of getting used to.

The fact that the unit is small, clean, powerful and not to mention no vacuum worries make it a great investment! There are also now 3 different level of "prep" or look to the units available so you can save a buck if you aren't so worried about how perfect the casting looks (they are VERY nice out of the box) but the level 2 and 3 just get that much nicer.

If you want to see the units send me a PM or look back in the advertisers section here, i ran an ad quite a while ago and it shows all 3

Matt
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

I have been running a hydroboost system on my car. I am very impressed with the power of the unit. I initially installed it for use with a large cam as well and it works very well. You will need to get used to a harder pedal and less pedal travel but that is fairly easy. I recommend it.
      1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

Country Flag: Canada
      Mine works great but as mentioned takes a little getting used to. The pedal feels 'different' to me. Not bad but just different. It can also be hard on the PS pump depending what your running and you may want to look into a cooler if you're tracking it.

Gary Morris

1969 Chevelle
      TSP 418 LS3, North Texas Converter 4l80e
      Ridetech Level 2 coilover suspension, C6 Z51 Brakes
      See the finished product here:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lle?highlight=

2015 Camaro ZL1, intake, headers, pullies

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com