Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

1968 Camaro Schwartz Chassis

Hey Has Anyone Install a Schwartz Frame to a 1968 Camaro I am looking at doing this and have looked at lots of pictures and see the cross member near the back is pretty low for a street driven
      Name:  7177774465_51378a4c4f.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  110.6 KBName:  attachment5.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  169.3 KB
      especially seeing as I want it to sit 2 to 21/2 inches lower then stock car

I have also bumped in a post where guys are talking how it looks more like a drag frame and might not handle the greatest

I know Schwartz makes some great stuff and would love to have that new car drive in my pretty old lady

thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boyce_c View Post
      Hey Has Anyone Install a Schwartz Frame to a 1968 Camaro I am looking at doing this and have looked at lots of pictures and see the cross member near the back is pretty low for a street driven
      Name:  7177774465_51378a4c4f.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  110.6 KBName:  attachment5.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  169.3 KB
      especially seeing as I want it to sit 2 to 21/2 inches lower then stock car

I have also bumped in a post where guys are talking how it looks more like a drag frame and might not handle the greatest

I know Schwartz makes some great stuff and would love to have that new car drive in my pretty old lady

thanks
      I can't comment on the crossmember, but I can tell you that the Schwartz chassis is definitely not a drag racing chassis. It is designed for handling and performs very well.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

1968 Camaro Schwartz Chassis

We have revised the chassis in the last couple years to sit lower and also revised the rear crossmember for better ground clearance. Feel free to email me at [email protected] for pictures

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Canada
      Awesome thanks you wont have to send the pic Dale I see the Difference in some of the pictures on your web site... I know this is a bolt on application but I am curious does the body sit higher having the stock frame rails resting on the g-machine chassis or would I remove the stock rails and slot the floor in the same fashion as if I were using a rear subframe and subframe connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by boyce_c View Post
      Awesome thanks you wont have to send the pic Dale I see the Difference in some of the pictures on your web site... I know this is a bolt on application but I am curious does the body sit higher having the stock frame rails resting on the g-machine chassis or would I remove the stock rails and slot the floor in the same fashion as if I were using a rear subframe and subframe connectors.
      The rear seat floorpan needs to be notched similar to a subframe connector. You do not need to remove any of the rear unibody structure, and you don't have to worry about sacrificing rigidity if you minitub since our frame takes most of the suspension beating. The frame itself does not hang any lower than the factory front subframe. Also since it's far inboard you don't really see it anyways.

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com