Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

67 Camaro, LS1 with Procharger D1SC using Procharger swap kit

Hello
      I am in need of some advice and pics if possible from anyone who has this kit installed with power steering. where did you mount the remote pwr steering reservoir??
      Also the height of the d1sc looks really close to where the hood will be (I don't have mine installed yet, using the std 2" steel cowl hood repop)
      and if not asking too much how did you run you tubing, I have the Procharger 3" intercooler and my car is an RS so I am thinking I may need to modify the hood latch and also the support bracket for the header, latch and rad support.
      Any help or pics would be appreciated .

Thanks

1967 Camaro RS, LS1, D1SC DSE Mini-Tub, TH350, 12 BOLT 3:73.

Country Flag: Austria
      i did some research on that topic before so i ordered the corvette brackets without A/C which is only available through pace performance (they just build that kit from single parts) and used a reverse rotation procharger with Corvette C5/6 brackets. works flawless and should clear the hood (iīve got the standart height cowl hood). exit is gonna get up front where the stock battery location has been and comes back in the same area on driver side. havenīt made the piping yet but i have some pics of the charger installed just to show you how it looks like my way.

Name:  DSC_1043.JPG
Views: 9857
Size:  128.7 KB
      69 camaro, 418cui p1sc1, ridetech,forgeline, and some more money wasted

Country Flag: United States
      cool set up. Hope your car isnt an RS. What are your plans with the air filter since your intake is going to be right where the hot air is coming from?
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

hehe pat...thatīs the engine you sold me a couple years ago from your camaro sale weīll do piping for the air filter cause law restrictions wonīt let me have a open filter anyways, so weīll fab a filter housing somewhere in the wheelhousing/battery location. my car was a standard 307/350 so no big deal there.

wow I didn't recognize that was you. Sorry about that. You never had a chance to get that engine running did you? I see that you changed the intake and added FI. Cool.
      I have a new set of afr headsthat will lower the cr 1 point since you are using a blower.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Quote Originally Posted by camaro427-69 View Post
      i did some research on that topic before so i ordered the corvette brackets without A/C which is only available through pace performance (they just build that kit from single parts) and used a reverse rotation procharger with Corvette C5/6 brackets. works flawless and should clear the hood (iīve got the standart height cowl hood). exit is gonna get up front where the stock battery location has been and comes back in the same area on driver side. havenīt made the piping yet but i have some pics of the charger installed just to show you how it looks like my way.

what size supercharger did you go with? D1 or F1-A? Any more pics of the setup?

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      what size supercharger did you go with? D1 or F1-A? Any more pics of the setup?
      thatīs a p1sc1, so way too small for that engine but i got it very cheap here in austria and being on a budget leaves no room for a f1 which should be used on it. hard to sell and iīm just shooting for 600rwhp so iīll give it a try. what kind of pics are you looking for? i have taken it off right now and thereīs no piping done, but if i could help you out i can bolt it back on to take any pics you need.

Quote Originally Posted by camaro427-69 View Post
      thatīs a p1sc1, so way too small for that engine but i got it very cheap here in austria and being on a budget leaves no room for a f1 which should be used on it. hard to sell and iīm just shooting for 600rwhp so iīll give it a try. what kind of pics are you looking for? i have taken it off right now and thereīs no piping done, but if i could help you out i can bolt it back on to take any pics you need.
      Im curious about the distance between the p1 and the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      Im curious about the distance between the p1 and the radiator.
      this picture was taken from a sideway angle so if you look at the holes where the radiator support is getting mounted and some imagination it would give you a place to start. i have the support and my old 2 row aluminum radiator installed now so if you need exact numbers i can mount the charger next time iīm at the car and take pics/measurements.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the pics. It does look damn close.

1968 Camaro lsx transplant with F2

I have only .5 " clearance between radiator and blower belt. However I recessed my radiator .5" to allow space to mount Ac evaporator between radiator and intercooler

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com