Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Dynamat vs Lizard Skin vs ?

So I am within a few weeks of needing to make decision on floor sound deadener / heat shield. I have read some of the previous posts but would like to get some updated info from those with experience. Weight really is not a priority but ease of insulation, quality and cost are. Let me know your experiences with different types so I can come to a decision on what to use . Thanks all!

I haven't got it installed yet but after a lot of searches I went with Damplifier Pro from Second Skin Audio. It is more costly than some of the others but seems to be high quality. I also didn't feel like I was paying for extreme advertisement.

Both brands mention are top notch brands you can go wrong with either. Just try to find the best price and go with that.
      1972 Camaro ( my retirement money hole )
      1985 GMC ( future plan pro tour build for the wife )
      1992 Isuzu pup bagged, bodydrop, shaved everything
      2013 GMC Single cab 4/7 drop

Hy-Tech SC#1000

Same "stuff" as Lizard Skin, fraction of the price.

http://www.hytechsales.com/prodsc.html

Just applied my lizard skin. I cannot comment on if it will make a difference since the car was not on the road before I did it. It was pretty easy to spray on just be sure that the base metal is primed and clean because it will de-laminate from bad base metal.

Best price I could find was here, $344 for the kit to your door

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291150638359...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Thanks for the replies. I will do a little more research and then go with something and hopefully won't look back.

Country Flag: Canada
      U-pol Raptor liner is good too

Lots of good info here:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

i went with raamaudio.com/ don't forget the ccf on top of the deadener. it helps out a ton with noise. also Rick at raamaudio

I talked with rick a ton since this is my first classic car and he also suggested getting some acoustical foam from parts-express and sticking it under the dash to absorb road/engine noise through the firewire.

another option that has proven to give really great results is:
      http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-au...ossus-edition/ i dont have experience with it, but independent test show it to be a front runner.

i prefer rick's stuff, it's been well proven in many competitions and sq winning vehicles. be sure to check out his how-to it's a different approach to sound deadener showdown.
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com