Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

wanted sbc engine

Hey guys I'm looking for a sbc engine. Preferably 350 or 383 but a 327 could work too, it'd be going in a 1962 Chevy II of mine, currently it has a 283, with a turbo 400 trans with a shift kit. I can use the trans, just looking for an engine with more displacement and performance parts available. Not looking to spend a lot, i'm located in grayslake IL, just small drive outside of chicago. Everyone on craigslist wanted 3-4 grand for a regular sbc? The only ones reasonably priced are old truck motors with 200k miles on them. So anyone that might have a lead on a sbc around here please contact me, thank you.
      I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

Too bad your so far away, I have a complete long block 350 roller block one piece rear main. Block,crank,rods,pistons,487 heads with Z springs and solid LT4 GM retainers. I built it for my 71 Monte, swapped heads when guides went bad, Does need rebuilt but is an original late 80s truck 2 bolt long block.
      I ran an LT4 HOT roller in her and synthetic oil for several years, yes it has miles BUT they were well treated and its all standard.
      Bad thing is I live in Burns City Indiana. About 30 miles north of Jasper Indiana where ridetech is located.
      If it wasnt 300 mile trip I could make you a deal. I even have access to machineshop if needed.

Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Lot of Crate Engines are now affordable. Jegs and Summit carry Gm crates and Blue Print crates. Some of them come with warranties in the 3 year/50,000 mile range. Just a thought.
      David H. Amrine
      (USMC Retired)

Boys drive fast on the street. But MEN prove how fast they are at the Track.

If you are planning to rebuild/beef it up to your own specs anyway and old motor out of a pickup truck isn't a terrible idea. If you can find a block from late 87 or after it should have hydraulic roller lifters from the factory that are easily good to 6k rpm if you aren't planning to spin the heck out of it.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

The 97 to 99 pickup and Suburban motors are good builders. They are roller blocks and have good flowing heads. You can get a good builder for $500. Add a balanced rotating assembly and gaskets for another $1000 or so. A used Vortec carburated intake and HEI distributor and some machine work and you are around $2000 for a good running 350 with decent power.

EPete, check your PMs
      Jeff

'64 Buick Skylark Convertible, ZZ383
      700R4, 4 wheel discs, 3.73 Posi
      A/R Torque-thrusts & BFGs

wanted sbc engine

We've got a 350 that came out of a project, probably let it go for 600. Don't know much about it but we could pull the pan for ya.. In Woodstock
      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com