Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HEMIDAYTONA View Post
      You mean this thread. I brought it back to the top but no reply.

http://www.montecarloss.com/communit...322#Post943322
      I am TUNEDSS86 over there on that one, I opened that thread.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post

Dale that is beautiful! I have seen pics of what people have to do to change the clutch on a manual trans Vette, looks like they have to drop the entire drivetrain. Same with this setup?
      That one was an automatic so not a lot of service up front. But yes the transaxle would have to be moved if not completely removed.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I am TUNEDSS86 over there on that one, I opened that thread.
      I'm COPO on most forums, at least the Corvette forums. Would have been here but was already taking. Yes that is me. After I left the street shop, went to David Lemmond's for a while. He built Shane Stacks SS and threw out the idea for a g body and that thread is what I found searching. Think David and I could have did some cool stuff but I'm too old to drive 55 miles one way for work.

Cool work you have done there. Great start. I'd like to post up some pics of the front I designed for the c7 suspension, if its OK with the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMIDAYTONA View Post
      I'm COPO on most forums, at least the Corvette forums. Would have been here but was already taking. Yes that is me. After I left the street shop, went to David Lemmond's for a while. He built Shane Stacks SS and threw out the idea for a g body and that thread is what I found searching. Think David and I could have did some cool stuff but I'm too old to drive 55 miles one way for work.

Cool work you have done there. Great start. I'd like to post up some pics of the front I designed for the c7 suspension, if its OK with the mods here.
      It's OK with me. :-) LOL
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

From what I understand the hard points haven't changed that much from the c6 to the c7. I haven't seen the CAD, but the guys I work with, dealt with the c5, c6, and c7 in factory and race trim. I was told the new hard points are rather similar although from the pictures posted the arms appear to be a hollow aluminum cast.

C5/6 front is the same. C7 is different in a few places. The rack location has moved toward, which could help on rack to blancer problem found on most cars. The luck of working on early vettes is the engine is set back and cutting the knuckle isn't required.

C5/6 and the zo6 all are just a lil different. C5 upper a arm lacks room for coilovers and lower shock mount on the lower is hard to work with. C6 is great and the upper location is different. Allows the shock to be stood up more. C6z upper a arm mounts different. C7 is totally different, all of it. 19 inch wheels will be required. Toe bar is on a cam bolt.

I'll say companies will use just the c7 lowers arms which are super light and use c6 spindles because they are l/r and work f/r with c6 uppers.

I need to find the CADD data for the C7 stuff, or at least look at one, are the A arms different, or just the spindle? With the C5/6 stuff I have (not 100% sure what CADD data I have), the rack (yellow) will interfere with the motor.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

I don't know the engine location per firewall and rack. If that is fairly close the c7 spindle would not help. The lower points will be close.

I looked at your design of the front clip. Here are some pics of the latest and greatest I did. It's 3/16 plate.

HEMIDAYTONA: That is some impressive stuff there.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Thanks. I'm just bored and thinking of something I could start building.

Any updates on this?

Yes more updates
      Very cool project

1972 Camaro ( my retirement money hole )
      1985 GMC ( future plan pro tour build for the wife )
      1992 Isuzu pup bagged, bodydrop, shaved everything
      2013 GMC Single cab 4/7 drop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com