Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A body with C6/7 suspension?

Did a search and really didn't find any thing with front/rear using IRS in the rear. Anyone know who builds chassis using this?

Country Flag: United States
      A-body IRS. Art is doing them.

http://artmorrison.com/multilinkirs.php
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

We did it once, wouldn't be opposed to doing it again.
      The torque tube needs lengthening as well as the driveshaft, and CVs need to be custom length aka shortened. PM for details

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

That uses camaro spindle. I'm interested more in c7 suspension.

Camaro spindle? You mean C6 Corvette?

It'd be difficult to jig up a C7 since there aren't many wrecked ones out there yet

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Camaro spindle? You mean C6 Corvette?

It'd be difficult to jig up a C7 since there aren't many wrecked ones out there yet

-Dale
      Sry. You jumped in between post. The link to Morison is a camaro spindle. The pic I posted is c7. Not to hard to jig it up but I'm not into wrecked suspension.

Lol you know what I mean, junkyard stuff. Yeah it's not "hard" just time consuming and gotta get your hands on one.
      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

GGot any pics of the TT that you built.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMIDAYTONA View Post
      Did a search and really didn't find any thing with front/rear using IRS in the rear. Anyone know who builds chassis using this?
      Have at it. The older cars aren't exactly set-up for late model suspensions. The track width is all wrong and packaging is a real issue. The C6 suspension is more like the C5 suspension, while the C7 parts are quite unique.

So if you want to use them, get out the tape measure and a welder...and make sure you post up progress pictures.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Have at it. The older cars aren't exactly set-up for late model suspensions. The track width is all wrong and packaging is a real issue. The C6 suspension is more like the C5 suspension, while the C7 parts are quite unique.

So if you want to use them, get out the tape measure and a welder...and make sure you post up progress pictures.

Andrew
      Been building them for 8 yrs using Corvette suspension until this past April when I left my job. Been sitting around bored and been thinking of something to build.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMIDAYTONA View Post
      Been building them for 8 yrs using Corvette suspension until this past April when I left my job. Been sitting around bored and been thinking of something to build.
      Please share with us your older work and the new parts that you come up with!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Street shop and those are new gm parts available over the counter. Think this was the last one I built

Tried posting pics from my cell.... Looks like they didn't work. I'll have to post in the morning.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

We hadn't had C6 front suspension jigged up for this guy, so the cost was lower by utilizing our front suspension. We've since jigged C6 front suspension so it wouldn't be out of the question to use that up front instead of ours.

SchwartzPerformance

Never built one longer. Thumbs up. I've built 12-15 shorter for corvettes before, and never liked them. The only one I thought was cool was this. Used front and rear cradles and tunnel from c6. Every thing dropped out from the bottom. Took me a while to find this pic as it's several yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      We hadn't had C6 front suspension jigged up for this guy, so the cost was lower by utilizing our front suspension. We've since jigged C6 front suspension so it wouldn't be out of the question to use that up front instead of ours.

Dale that is beautiful! I have seen pics of what people have to do to change the clutch on a manual trans Vette, looks like they have to drop the entire drivetrain. Same with this setup?

Hemidaytona: I have been wanting to do this on an 80's G body too. Similar full frame as the A body. I have been "playing" designing a frame, here is the front I have come up with:
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

You mean this thread. I brought it back to the top but no reply.

http://www.montecarloss.com/communit...322#Post943322

This is the car I've thought about using. Love the post car.

Is that a 68 post Tempest? I love the post too...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Post cars had vent windows in 69. Figured that car would get your attention. Ive been playing part time at a friends shop since I don't have anything to do. He is a goat nut. Has about 50-55 parts car. I'm finishing up a 69 RA4 car for him. 1 of 69 built with options list. Got a 65 vert and hardtop he wants done, but modding is more my style.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com