Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Holley HP EFI and Gauges question

hey my thought was to use the Holley HP to drive some of my guages...i'm thinking like the Tach, Fuel pressure and my A/F ratio gauge (which needs (0 - 5v)....i'm not getting a quick response with the Holley tech line. just wondering if someone has some experience doing this...

Thx
      Tony

Country Flag: United States
      Holley has a new dash that will be released soon. It will be a plug in deal similar to racepac.

If you can wait it would be the best way to go.

Looking thru the output configure. pwm and 12v and ground are the options. I don't see making it run a 5v easily.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

There has to be 5v that is what the sensors use.
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

The ecu does not have 5V configurable outputs. The 5V reference wires are intended to power sensors only. So what you are trying to achieve for your gauges will not work UNLESS, your sending units with the gauge are the exact same as the holley. If so, carefully splice. Temp gauge excluded. Depending upon your ignition type, you can use A28 to drive the tach should it take a 12v square wave output.

That's why I am using MegaSquirt, Plenty of spare configurable 5 and 12 volt ports
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie8974 View Post
      That's why I am using MegaSquirt, Plenty of spare configurable 5 and 12 volt ports
      And that's why there are options. What I like and prefer is obviously not in line with your preferences. Variety makes the world go round. I've had ms2 and ms3 boxes. Wasn't impressed and support was non existent. It really comes down to what you want and need the system to do.

Ok let me explain my thought process a bit more...the Holley HP has 8 leads leading from the WB02 sensor
      - A34 - WB1 HTR+
      - A9 - WB1 HTR-
      - A16 - WB1 Compr1
      - A7 - WB1 CCompr2
      - A17 - WB1 VS-/IP-
      - A33 - WB1 IP+
      - A25 - WB1 vs+
      - A8 - WB1 Shield

if one of the signals from this pigtail is actually a 0 -5V signal i could use it for my A/F guage. Understand the Shield and HTR leads won't be a "signal" but wondering about the others. I got answer for the tach signal (it comes from the loose wire labled "coil") and the Fuel pressure Signal comes from A31....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyV View Post
      Ok let me explain my thought process a bit more...the Holley HP has 8 leads leading from the WB02 sensor
      - A34 - WB1 HTR+
      - A9 - WB1 HTR-
      - A16 - WB1 Compr1
      - A7 - WB1 CCompr2
      - A17 - WB1 VS-/IP-
      - A33 - WB1 IP+
      - A25 - WB1 vs+
      - A8 - WB1 Shield

if one of the signals from this pigtail is actually a 0 -5V signal i could use it for my A/F guage. Understand the Shield and HTR leads won't be a "signal" but wondering about the others. I got answer for the tach signal (it comes from the loose wire labled "coil") and the Fuel pressure Signal comes from A31....
      Holley changes the signal, and it's not a clean 0-5V signal coming from the wideband O2 sensor. So, I don't see how you are going to operate your gauge tapping into the sensor. Also, you never posted your ignition type, so it may or may not be right to get the tach signal from the "coil wire".

Quote Originally Posted by gray86hach View Post
      Holley has a new dash that will be released soon. It will be a plug in deal similar to racepac.

If you can wait it would be the best way to go.

Looking thru the output configure. pwm and 12v and ground are the options. I don't see making it run a 5v easily.

Tim
      Does anyone else have any info on this new Holley dash?

It will be out soon (projected release was end of July). From what I've been told, it will be a display unit only at first, then the additional features will be added at a later date. If you take a look at the current Holley touch screen, it will give you an overview of what the dash will eventually do.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com