Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Italy

What transmission for 572 Hemi?

Hi guys, i'm finishing the project for my 70 convertible cuda and now I have to choose which automatic transmission put in my car.. 727 with gear vendors? GM 4l80e? Any advice?ah the engine si a 572 Hemi with 810hp. Thanks

Country Flag: United States

I'd do the 4L80. We have done that a few times behind hemis. Lots of aftermarket support. You will likely need to cut your tunnel though.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks Dale. what brand do you recommend?

Bowler if the budget allows, otherwise Jakes Performance or PATC. The adapter plates are available from PATC as well.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

TCI also has an adapter plate.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Country Flag: Australia
      whats wrong with a 727 thats built? no cutting required. hold 2000hp with a vendors unit too
      Mopar or no Car
      Your either with us or Behind us

Thanks for the reply. Cut is not a problem because the car has not the tunnel. Why 5l80 is better than 727 with gear vendor ?

What do you think about tci 6x transmission ?

I don't have much experience with 727's but like I said we've done the 4L80e swap a few times.

The 6x I do not recommend after the 60+ hours we spend diagnosing a problem with it and TCI directly. 4 weeks, 3 Trans control modules, 3 handheld tuners, and 1 transmission rebuild later, the problems seem to have been corrected. PCS has a 6 speed valve body for the 4l80e but I don't know how it works not do we have any experience with it.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      I don't have much experience with 727's but like I said we've done the 4L80e swap a few times.

The 6x I do not recommend after the 60+ hours we spend diagnosing a problem with it and TCI directly. 4 weeks, 3 Trans control modules, 3 handheld tuners, and 1 transmission rebuild later, the problems seem to have been corrected. PCS has a 6 speed valve body for the 4l80e but I don't know how it works not do we have any experience with it.

-Dale
      Thanks Dale

I didn't Find Patc internet site..

Transmissioncenter.net
      SchwartzPerformance

Transmissioncenter.net

my mechanic insist to choose the 727 with gear vendor unit. i think that the 4l80e is a better solution.. my partner in business wants to choose a manual transmission (Tremec t56 xl). but the manual does not make the car too nervous? 800 hp on a manual I think they are too many. What do you think?

Too many what? And what do you mean by too nervous?

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

Too many what? And what do you mean by too nervous?

-Dale
      Too many hp for to use with a manual transmission in the normal street..

Quote Originally Posted by boss351 View Post
      Too many hp for to use with a manual transmission in the normal street..
      my mechanic says that i would not use the first three gears. then says that the clutch would be too hard and that here in Italy would be a problem. He recommend me the 727 with gear vendor

There are clutches like the McLeod RXT that offers easy effort with 1000 ft lb torque capability but they're nearly $1000 USD.
      I don't know how traffic is there but maybe you will benefit from an automatic?
      The first three gears will get you well over 100mph so you will definitely use them.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance

There are clutches like the McLeod RXT that offers easy effort with 1000 ft lb torque capability but they're nearly $1000 USD.
      I don't know how traffic is there but maybe you will benefit from an automatic?
      The first three gears will get you well over 100mph so you will definitely use them.

-Dale

If I chose the manual transmission would choose the t56 magnum with the bowler Stage 2 . Mark is a very kind person and he have a lot of patience. In their quote They provided me with all the kit with the double clutch disk but i don't know the model..

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com