Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rear End Set-up Advice

I've finally gotten an opportunity to throw some more money into my car and it's time to address the rear-end. I'm running BMR control arms up front with 400lb QA1 coilovers and Wilwood twin piston calipers on stock-size rotors.

What are your opinions on mixing and matching product brands? What is better, boxed or tubular rear control arms? Price is pushing me toward the UMI product...OCD is pushing me toward the BMR. Will the Rear BMR sway bar bolt right up to the UMI tubular control arms, or is some fabrication required? <----(not an option)

Below are the parts I'm considering:

BMR Boxed lower control arms poly bushings (pb): $219
      UMI tubular lower control arms pb: $159
      BMR 1" lowering springs: $139
      BMR front and rear sway bars: $288
      Right Stuff rear disc conversion: $479

I've got about an $800 budget....what would ya'll do? This is a daily driver btw....

Let your OCD run crazy! Because I've got some Tubular Lower Control Arms for you!

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...278&superpro=0

Yea, found those today. Just bought the rear disc brake kit, that took a chunk out of my budget. Now I'm on the fence about the sway bars or the tubular rear control arms. Will the 1" BMR rear sway bar mount to stock lower control arms? Which upgrade has a greater performance impact....sway bars or rear control arms?

I made my own with Currie Johnny Joints and bungs...What ever you choose, get the one's with the spherical ends, not poly...

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
      Yea, found those today. Just bought the rear disc brake kit, that took a chunk out of my budget. Now I'm on the fence about the sway bars or the tubular rear control arms. Will the 1" BMR rear sway bar mount to stock lower control arms? Which upgrade has a greater performance impact....sway bars or rear control arms?
      You would have to look at your Stock Lower Control Arms to see if they have the Mounting Holes. Performance Impact would be the Sway Bar

Rear End Set-up Advice

Cars have been known to perform better anytime UMI components are installed. Ha!

Seriously though, if I was doing one or the other I'd pick the sway bar as well.

-- Ramey
      Technical Support
      UMI Performance, Inc.
      [email protected]

Join us on Facebook!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com