Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

FPR suggestions and installation

I am having hot start and boiling fuel in my 73 Bird. Setup is as follows:

466 roller cam, ported heads guessing somewhere between 400-450 HP
      Holley 850 DP warmed over by local builder
      Carter HP mechanical pump
      Return line and vent are caped off.

My plan is to run the II much vent off the vent tube from the tank and put in a ventless gas cap.
      Get a regulator and run a 3/8 return line back to the sender down to a 1/4, so if I go FI later I have a bigger return.

I think these two things may make it able to drive the car above 75 degrees outside. The II Much Vent seems pretty straight forward, but the regulator and line are a bit of a mystery. I'm thinking of running a 3/8 premade line next tot he stock fuel line for the return then a teflon line to the pump.

My real question is which fuel pressure regulator do I need (I assume bypass) and where\how to install? I'm pretty ignorant to this stuff so if someone has experience with setups that work I'd happily copy, I'd also like to get a FP guage somewhere.

Thanks!!
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

Country Flag: United States
      You will need a bypass regulator. Why not go with one of the Holley ones? It should be mounted somewhere in the engine bay. Your plan to run stainless hard line and teflon hose is sound.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      You will need a bypass regulator. Why not go with one of the Holley ones? It should be mounted somewhere in the engine bay. Your plan to run stainless hard line and teflon hose is sound.

Andrew

yeah I've seem them but not sure which one to go with, some of the posts I've been reading up on say the regulator should be on the fuel log?

So I'm looking at the Holley bypass regulator and its says not to be used with mechanical pumps?? So Do I get hte non bypass one then run the return line from the pump itself? Run the fuel line from the pump through the regulator?

I think I have the II Much vent figured out I'm going to order and put that in first.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com