Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Dusted:
      Chevy S-10 or Blazer rear disc set-ups from 1998-2004 use an 11.6" diameter rear disc and will fit inside most 15" OEM rims. Like the Camaro LS1, it is direct bolt-on with a 1/4" spacer and has an integral parking brake. If you go with the Blazer stuff, make sure to get 2WD parts with a 2.87" deep rotor hat. Don't get 4WD parts because the rotor hat is 3.74" deep - which is too deep to get the calipers to line up on the rotors. Works well with 11" stock front disc too.
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Volvo XC90 hit me messed up the radiator support and everything in it plus the hood was bent up. i was merging onto Chapman Hwy from WYE Road in Seymour,TN . You have less then 50 yards to get up to 60, an old lady, in a newer Accord, got to 50mph slammed on her brakes caused this mess.
      BigDClark on instagram, You can follow my progress and travel with my classic cars.

Cdrod:

Thanks, I'll try it out, should be done by next month, Im trying to get disc brakes by the event here in Atlanta Motor Speedway.
      BigDClark on instagram, You can follow my progress and travel with my classic cars.

I am new to this forum but I have been doing a lot of research on F-Body discs to A-Body cars (1971 Monte Carlo). I keep seeing guys posting that the rear is a direct swap. Some A-body rear ends , or at least mine, has to be modified a little.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  9.2 KB

Check out this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z79D14fyQk
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Where did my line feeds go?? I've got a few questions on the front conversion. I've got a 71 Cutlass, I have a complete set of C6 brakes and I have a set of drum spindles I was planning to use. I've got a bunch of questions, but I'm not a mechanic so I want to get this right since it is a significant safety part of the car. I'm very budget oriented because I have to pay for all of the body work and paint for my restoration and would like to make these brackets. I see most people that fab their own bracket are using 1/4" steel, but I've also seen people use 5/16". Does 1/4" center the caliper where it needs to be and is it strong enough? Photo below from a post on chevelles.com of the Kore3 bracket it looks like they also use spacers between the bracket and the caliper. I thought the 1/4" centered them on the rotors. The Kore3 brackets are 1/2" thick and it looks like they machine it thinner where it attaches to the spindle. On the factory drum setup the top bolt has a square metal piece with two corners turned up to prevent the bolt backing out. Is a little loctite good enough to keep this from being a problem? If I grind down the part of the spindle where the top bolt goes does that leave enough threads/material for the bolt that goes there? Anyone know what bolt size is for the top bolt? I've been going by this thread since it seems to be the most complete camaros.net. He had a bracket made and posted a photo of the drawing his machinist made. I have re-created it in electronic form and once I figure out for sure what I am doing I can share that here. I think my guy is using a plasma cutter to cut mine, but I may try to figure out how to make them more like the thicker Kore3 brackets. Thanks!
      Last edited by DewChugr; 04-28-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: where are all my line feeds?

After looking at my spindles it looks like the top bolt location doesn't need to be trimmed, looks like it lines up with the other two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com