Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 Stock Car Chevelle

Hey PT! i was just wondering if anyone has any more information on this chevelle above. all i could find was this (http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...u/viewall.html) article from back in the day. according to the article, the suspension is comprised of Bilstein coilovers. All i could find are these (http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/s...aluminum-body/) Unfortunately, i dont think this would fit my 1967 chevelle.

im definitely looking to emulate this road race style with mine (current picture below)

i have so many questions and concerns as to how i would go about doing this. primarily, this coilover option. im really looking for the adjustablilty, but if that cannot be achieved i will look into the bilstein shocks with a high performance spring, like afco. i just dont know what kind of spring rates i should be looking for. i am looking to take this into canyons so id really like this to be a solid corner carver. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

Country Flag: Canada
      Im very familar with that chevelle this is basically what he has. The difference being he still has the stock chevelle frame and steering box where this car has a fabricated frame and a rack. Do you have the magazine? That chevelle has a full cage.

Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Theres no shortage of companies that can provide you with a quality coilover chassis package for your car. SC&C, ridetech, Detroit Speed and Engineering, BMR, UMI, Speedtech....the list goes on. Its like a chassis buffet anymore and while Bilstien shocks were the shock of the day 20 years ago, I can personally attest to the advancements that have come along since they were the hot setup. I sold my Bilstiens which were a huge improvement over stock replacement Monroes and stuck ridetech HQ's in my 67' GTO which is same chassis as your Chevelle. The difference was pretty impressive in ride quality and handling. I might suggest you take this post to the chassis section of the forum and you will get a lot more responses. I think every one of the vendors I listed above, posts in that secion and are more than happy to answer questions.

-Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Quote Originally Posted by shortrack View Post
      Im very familar with that chevelle this is basically what he has. The difference being he still has the stock chevelle frame and steering box where this car has a fabricated frame and a rack. Do you have the magazine? That chevelle has a full cage.

Unfortunately I don't have the magazine. All the information I found on this chevelle was just from the online article

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks67GTO View Post
      Theres no shortage of companies that can provide you with a quality coilover chassis package for your car. SC&C, ridetech, Detroit Speed and Engineering, BMR, UMI, Speedtech....the list goes on. Its like a chassis buffet anymore and while Bilstien shocks were the shock of the day 20 years ago, I can personally attest to the advancements that have come along since they were the hot setup. I sold my Bilstiens which were a huge improvement over stock replacement Monroes and stuck ridetech HQ's in my 67' GTO which is same chassis as your Chevelle. The difference was pretty impressive in ride quality and handling. I might suggest you take this post to the chassis section of the forum and you will get a lot more responses. I think every one of the vendors I listed above, posts in that secion and are more than happy to answer questions.

Haha thanks for the info man. I definitely spent more time than id like to admit researching each of those companies. I thought I was settled on ride tech coilovers but after perusing through a bunch of suspension threads I have so many ideas in my head I don't know what to make of it all.
      Would it be ok to cross post this in the chassis section? I don't plan on modifying the frame any time soon

The article says that he has 16x11 wheels on all corners. Any idea on how he managed to pull that off?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com