Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Driving my 69 camaro x country instead of shipping, now need wipers need opinions

I decided on the driving experience instead of the expense worry and trouble of shipping ,I dropped a ls1 4l60e c6 brakes ,but the wipes were a after thought ,after driving in the rain last night I need one bad, the stocker for looks only and does not look good!
      I went to order one from DSE but got price shock, there were around $300 something when I was building it now its over $500.! they are suppose to go up not down. I can see if they added a washer fluid pump and a 69 style switch but it still has neither.
      I looked at Newport wipers kit and is priced much better but does not look as good as DSE wiper.
      I looked at posts on here for hours about junkyard s-10/ 05-09 B-O-P /gen3 f body but got more confused the more research I did.

I like to make things fit and it has a new AAW wire harness , but I still did not hook up the cruise control because I do not feel like messing with the the wiring and I might will not use it..like the wiper motor but Its a must have.

So looking for cheap, easy and good looking. got around $200-300 max to spend and 2 weeks to get it done.

Any suggestions? Also if your selling one let me know ,I do not use pay pal but will next day $$$.

Driving my 69 camaro x country instead of shipping, now need wipers need opinions

I have the JHunter harness and a known good wiper motor I will sell you-never installed. You will have to make a plate to mount it to the fire wall, but that's it.

Look at this thread:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/93298-Delay-Wipers-uncovered?highlight=Jhunter+wiper

Where are you located?
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

On a couple of power tours I have been on there were several guy just using rain x . Where are you driving to? Leaving from Mass correct?

Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Thanks for the 411, what do you have for a wiper motor? I thought the ones I mentioned were direct bolt on and the wiring would be the problem?
      I was hoping to pick up a 2000 cad or s-10 motor and try to get it to work without was or delay with the OE wires/switch.
      The DSE looks great and seems easy to install but the price and not having a washer seems like a downgrade from stock..the opposite of what pro touring is in the first place. Not that I want the washer option but for the price it should have it.
      . Im moving from Ma. to Fl. in august .
      Wish I did the wiper kit when I was building it. I did not expect to drive it as much as I do because I bought a new c6 grand sport last year. I enjoy my Camaro more and the roads suck so bad here in Ma. I do not want to ruin the vette, the Camaro is cheaper to fix after I move.
      BTW, rain x is all I have on my 55 for over 25 years, but doesn't work as good on the Camaro.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

get the dse kit it works great and you really don't need a washer. i use the heck out of mine on the last 2 power tours (the whole tour) they are worth the money. you got a nice car anyway!!

The wiper motor I have is the same one DSE uses and the one recommended in the JHunter thread in post #2. I can't remember what application it is from? I think it is a late 90's Pontiac Bonneville or a Cadillac Deville.

I can email you pics and a price if you PM me your email address.
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

Thanks Pm sent.
      Its not that I want or need the washer function, just saying for the price it should come with it and a 69 looking switch.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com