Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Clearly, you can see that there isn't room for a filter on the turbo. We decided to go ahead and cut the core support to accommodate. I was nervous, but it came out awesome!

We did run into some issues with the steering column. We ordered a custom ididit column based on the recommendations from Roadster Shop. After about 6 weeks, the column arrived...and didn't fit. So, back to the drawing board. They don't return custom built columns, so we spoke with Roadster Shop again and re-ordered with different specs. Another 6 weeks and it didn't fit either! At this point, we decided to just engineer a way to make the second one work. This is the steering shaft going through the frame.

And a random shot of the column in the truck

Catch can

Coil Pack Mounting on the frame rail

fuel pressure regulator

Exhaust Mounting

Penske Double Adjustable Shocks

battery Location under the bed, passenger side near the cab

-Lydia
      1970 C10 Project
      2002 EB Corvette Z06

Since we relocated the tank to under the bed and put the filler door in the side marker light, we needed to fab some sort of filler neck to work. There isn't much room inside the side marker light to get a fuel cap in and out of there, so we went with a capless neck. I think this is the bee's knees!

Still waiting on a few small parts to arrive, but the truck is VERY close to being done at the mechanic shop. The AC is hooked up, almost everything is in working order. Here are some shots I took just the other day.

And....a VIDEO!!!!

C10 Updates by Lydia Watson, on Flickr
      -Lydia
      1970 C10 Project
      2002 EB Corvette Z06

Very nice work. What are your plans for the truck? Any auto-x or track days?

Gustave

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
      Very nice work. What are your plans for the truck? Any auto-x or track days?

Gustave
      As of right now, there aren't any hardcore plans for the truck other than just to drive it and enjoy it! I really want to do Power Tour and I am sure we will do several shows and events with it. We have other cars to drag race, and haven't really been into the twisty stuff, but we will see!
      -Lydia
      1970 C10 Project
      2002 EB Corvette Z06

Any updates on this one?

Chris

WOW. Bad ass truck. The Roadster Shop stuff looks great!!! Your welder has skill !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com