Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

SCCA CAM Invitational to be held as part of the SCCA Pro Solo Finale in Lincoln Neb.

TOPEKA, Kan. (July 17, 2014) - Sports Car Club of America and Speedway Motors, Inc., of Lincoln, Nebraska are teaming up to present The Speedway Motors Classic American Muscle Invitational Challenge. The Invitational will bring the best muscle cars, across all platforms, and drivers to the Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo Finale, Aug. 30-31, at the Lincoln Airpark in Lincoln, Nebraska.
      The ProSolo format combines elements of autocross and drag racing. Competitors, staged side-by-side, will face a drag racing-style Christmas tree start before entering mirror image autocross courses. This provides the unique opportunity to put autocross, drag racing and hot rods on the same stage at the same time.
      The invite list will be a who’s who of hot rod Soloists from across the country, battling for prizes from Speedway Motors. The competition will take place Sunday afternoon between the class competition and Challenge rounds of the ProSolo event. After familiarization runs on the course, drivers will be placed into a bracket and compete through elimination rounds until only one remains as the Top Eliminator.
      “When I first began to autocross part of the excitement for me was seeing not only the classic British sports cars, but also the great muscle cars of the day battling it out on the same course,” Howard Duncan, SCCA VP, Rally/Solo, said. “The Speedway Motors Classic American Muscle Class Invitational Challenge, along with the running of the CAM class at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships, will once again bring back that excitement as the improved versions of these traditional muscle cars show their capabilities on the same courses used by the current crop of sports cars and sport coupes. It should be a great show!”
      In addition, these drivers will be invited to participate in the inaugural running of the CAM class at the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championship event, held later in the week at the same location. CAM class runs will come on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 2-3. The event is the world’s largest motorsports competition, featuring more than 1,100 drivers in competition over four days.
      SCCA CAM class rules will be utilized for each event. Invitations will be sent to drivers that have shown the potential for high-level competition through a variety of events across the country. The invitations and RSVPs will be organized by SCCA’s Raleigh Boreen and are expected to be sent in early August.
      For more information or to request an invite, contact Raleigh at [email protected].
      More information on the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships and ProSolo Finale can be found at SCCA.com/Solo.

http://www.scca.com/news/index.cfm?cid=51948
      Dave Dusterberg
      http://www.facebook.com/camchallengeeast
      1979 Aspen R/T (under construction soon to be #19 CAM/T)
      2002 Ram 1500 SLT
      2005 Magnum R/T
      2005 Mustang GT #19 CAM/C

That'll be quite the mash up. I'll be interested to see who makes it.

Sounds like a really cool event! I will be very interested to see who goes! I would imagine Mike Maier will be there for nationals anyway....the idea of splitting the pony cars from the corvettes and cobras is also interesting. I will be tuned in!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com