Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1. Anyone getting rid of original 1970 Chevelle bucket seats?

Hey,

Where can I buy the original 1970 Chevelle SS bucket seats for the front with the head rests?

My car is all black interior (or that almost black/grey color, whatever it is), its original rear bench seat (all brand new) and then has these red racing bucket seats in the front which I just cant stand . I wanted to make it original so I can have the experience of a more 'original' type set up before getting into the whole custom interior stuff and also because they will match my interior and rear bench that is in it.

But as said, need them new.

Country Flag: Canada
      I'd put up some adds saying you want some in any condition. The seats can be "made" from parts thru year one but it will get super expensive to buy the frames, foam,seat covers,and all necessary trim.
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

3. Well...

Does anyone have 1970 Chevelle bucket seats that are not wrecked that they are getting rid off to replace with racing seats? Just need the frame and springs to be good. If it just needs a new cover, I can buy a new skin for it and cover them myself. Just need the actual 'seat' part to be good (the internals).

Original 1970 Chevelle Bucket seats?

PM sent G-man!

Advertise a WANTED ad on Craigslist for 69-72 GM Chevelle, Cutlass, Lemans, Skylark, 442, GS or GTO bucket seats near where your USA shipping agent is located to make it easy to get the seats to your shipping agent since you are overseas. The seat frames are all the same. Only difference is the foam and cover. Your "location" posted on the site says you are located in Australia try the Los Angeles CL as I am sure you have friends in and/or your shipping agent is located in Southern California area. There should be LOT'S of rust-free frames out there in Southern California!

You should get a decent number of responses as these seats are readily available at swap meets and on CL all the time. Expect to $250-$500 for a pair of core seats depending on condition that you can re-foam and recover. You might even buy a nice set of seats with good foam, covers and in the color you want.

Ya never know until you try!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

When I was at SEMA I stopped at the PUI interior booth and they are now selling complete original style seats.

Dante'

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com