Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lets Discuss Steering: Wheels, Hubs, Quick release, ect... With a race wheel DIY.

As the title states lets talk about Wheels.
      Please share your wheel setups, tell us what you like, don't like, and ask if you have any questions.

The DIY
      I personally learned the hard lesson of why you shouldn't do the "weld on" quick release hubs. I did a swap from a "weld on" to a Sparco hub and Momo Quick release. For anyone interested these are items needed to add a aftermarket wheel with a quick release.

momo bolt on quick release

sparco hub: oem column-to- sparco and momo bolt pattern.

I removed the column to paint it and remove any surface rust.

Why you dont go cheap and buy a weld on, and then weld it on to your column. When the splines wear out you need to replace the column too. *little bit of advice For anyone interested. Quick releases last only so long. After a while they develop play. You can use the "hammer" technique and tighten them up again, but after awhile they need to be replaced.

Installing the Sparco hub. Sparco provides the Tq specs with their hubs.

After that Tighten up the momo Quick release to the sparco hub. I use german specs for this. AKA gut-in`taught

Wheel distance is a personal preference. I like a very close wheel. If you like a close wheel too use a collapsible equipment. On my equipment the Sparco hub and steering column are both collapsible.

Got everything installed.

Miata Hubs

Quick releases - bolt on

@ OG racing we have hundreds of wheels in stock.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com