Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Beautiful 1963 Corvette Roadster w/ original ZZZ 350 and 4 speed $40K

Hey guys,

I want to state first off that I am listing this Corvette for my grandfather. I have known this car for most of my life and know a lot about it. I will list everything that I know about this car and if there are any very specific questions about it, I will ask him and relay the message. I will be active in during the entire sale to relay messages, questions, etc.

What we are selling is a 1963 Corvette Roadster/Convertible that as a package is a fantastic street machine. The Corvette has just over 50k miles which means that it was driven less than 1000 miles per year!! This is a great find, and he has treated this car like his own child the entire time he has owned it. The engine is a period correct 63 327 block that is on an engine stand and has nothing wrong with it. It will also come with the real, and original cylinder heads for the car as well. The 327 as it sits has the 68 double hump heads on it. The motor that is currently installed in the car is one of the first ZZZ 350 crate engine directly from GM in the late 80’s. (here is a link to info on the engine. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/g...arburetor.html ) The ZZZ 350 is underrated at 345 HP, and by some reports was realistically more like 400 HP.

Other than the new motor, the driveline is completely stock. I had the pleasure of driving the car and everything was very tight and worked as it should. All the lights, signals, choke, etc. The car comes pictured with an aftermarket radio that is custom fit for the 63, but also will come with a fully functioning AM Wonderbar radio that is original to the car. The exhaust that is on the car currently is a Smitty’s fully stainless exhaust, and sounds just like a sports car should from the 60’s.

The car was repainted by my grandfather at least 20 years ago(who is a body man by trade), but the paint is still in great shape. It had some custom black painted in the fender vents and hood vents that is subtle, but contrasts very well with the red paint. There are some imperfections in the paint, but overall great condition. There is absolutely no rust on the frame and the body has never been in any accidents. Everything is very straight and clean on the car. The chrome and the emblems are all in good condition, and there are two missing pieces of trim from the pictures but we do have them. The lower trim piece on the outside and inside of the windows. The convertible top is also a newer install.

This car makes a statement everywhere it goes and usually draws a crowd. You will be very hard pressed to find another 63 roadster that is this clean and original condition. This car would make someone an excellent driver, or for someone to take it to the next level with a full on restoration. My grandfather has owned this car for at least 30 years and loves the car. The reason he is letting it go after all this time is to find the one car he wished he never got rid of. He is seeking a 1950 Mercury, as that was his first car. That would be the only car that he would consider a trade or partial trade for depending on the condition.
      If you have any other questions please feel free to send me a personal message.

The car's original motor was ruined by the first owner and the extra motor that will be included in the sale is a real 1963 Corvette 327 block, but isn't the original numbers matching engine. Other than the engine, the rest of the vehicle's drivetrain is stock. Also at one point along the way the color was changed from Silver to the Red that is painted now. And for those that may ask the original 63 hood was stolen while the car was being painted and replaced with a later model hood.

He is asking for $40,000 and it would come with everything I have mentioned.

Untitled by ryanbabcock06, on Flickr

If you want any more pictures, here is a link to my flickr account with all the photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/98271343@N03/

Thank you,
      Ryan

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

The price has been adjusted to reflect the market value. Everything will still come with the car at the new price. Keep the offers coming!!

Bump for a clean Roadster!!

Beautiful 1963 Corvette Roadster w/ original ZZZ 350 and 4 speed $45K

How much is the new price?

Do you have the fan shroud that goes with this car? I am keenly interested.

Hello? Contact info, please

sent a pm on the vette, whats the current price?

Hi guys, I am sorry about the lack of contact. I forgot that I posted it on this site and don't log on that often. I will be sending PM's to those that are interested. The price is slightly negotiable, but feel free to make me an offer and I will relay the message to my Grandfather.

As for the question about the rust, the car is extremely clean on the underside of the vehicle. I did take a few pictures of the undercarriage that is in the flickr link that I have at the bottom of the first post.

Sorry again for late response.

Ryan

Bump for October.

Beautiful 1963 Corvette Roadster w/ original ZZZ 350 and 4 speed $45K

What's the price now? I'm not really in the market for one but for the right price I have one bay in my garage open.
      Pm me

Sent you a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Sent you a PM!
      I'll take that PM

I look forward to meeting up. Glad we could come to an arrangement.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com