Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by OG_Racing View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7hlz0DKXk

what kind of seats are you mounting them to?
      A pair of aluminum Kirkey road race seats I purchased from you. The driver seat is currently solid mounted to the cage structure and positioned correctly for me. My wife can't reach the pedals from my seating position which is why I'd like to add sliders.
      Last edited by Yelcamino; 07-08-2014 at 03:48 AM.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

What are your thoughts on the Sparco R100 for a street car? What approx size waist are they good for?

http://www.ogracing.com/sparco-r100-seat-4

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      What are your thoughts on the Sparco R100 for a street car? What approx size waist are they good for?

http://www.ogracing.com/sparco-r100-seat-4
      sorry i've been out for a few days.
      R100 is a good seat. I fit in it very well. i'm 6' 220lbs, so sized like a real american. the plastic adjusters on the sides can be a bit flimsy but overall a good fitting seat for normal sized people.

A few thoughts on the subject of seats:

#1 - The OEM stuff is very weak in the backs. It has gradually become a big glaring loophole in crash safety regs. The standards will get raised dramatically if the Feds ever take a hard look at this issue.

#2 - If we're going to try to fix this lack of rigidity in the seatbacks, then it might be better to start building in a bit of "give". Yeah, of course 10-15 degrees of flex is very bad news. But 2-3 degrees might be more practical & safer than trying to make something that holds up 100% rigidly in a very hard rear-ender. Just a personal viewpoint.

#3 - I'm starting to think the best solution is two different seats between track and street. I dunno, maybe some kind of quick-release mounting method. (And while we're at it, switch all the belts too.)

Is a back brace necessary for an FIA rated seat?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedc View Post
      A few thoughts on the subject of seats:

#1 - The OEM stuff is very weak in the backs. It has gradually become a big glaring loophole in crash safety regs. The standards will get raised dramatically if the Feds ever take a hard look at this issue.

#2 - If we're going to try to fix this lack of rigidity in the seatbacks, then it might be better to start building in a bit of "give". Yeah, of course 10-15 degrees of flex is very bad news. But 2-3 degrees might be more practical & safer than trying to make something that holds up 100% rigidly in a very hard rear-ender. Just a personal viewpoint.

#3 - I'm starting to think the best solution is two different seats between track and street. I dunno, maybe some kind of quick-release mounting method. (And while we're at it, switch all the belts too.)
      #1&2 a crash on the road is calculated at 35-45 mph. that is what the GOV sets the safety standards too. a crash on the track is twice the speed if not more. closing speed between a spec miata and a PT car is 40mph. once your cars are out on track you need to be prepared for it.

You can do the seat swap fairly easy. if you use a bolt in seat mount it's 4 bolts to swap the seats. i use the craftsman cordless impact and seat swaps take 10min. Do leave the harnesses in the car though. Tuck them under the seat or tie them out of the way. they do take some time to get adjusted, but once they are in, you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      What can you tell me about the OG racing Hyper Drives run in conjunction with the NASA HPDE events at Summit Point? I'm primarily interested in attending one as a shakedown for the car and new drive train before spending the money for a full out HPDE event.
      I can explain that. The Hyperdrive is a quick 20 min get-out-on-track for the experience. IMO it's not long enough to do a total shake down. if you have a real problem it will come out quickly, but 20 min might not be long enough to catch everything. I take my car to a track day for shake downs. If you do a one day track day it's 1/2 the price of the two day events. The HPDE is a drivers education event. You'll be in and out of classes and learning the proper way to drive fast. If you miss a class by working on the car then you'll miss the next session. This might be a problem if the car is constantly having fits.

If you don't mind, I have another off topic question. When does the Snell SA2015 helmet standard go into effect and how soon will SA2015 helmets be available for sale?

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      If you don't mind, I have another off topic question. When does the Snell SA2015 helmet standard go into effect and how soon will SA2015 helmets be available for sale?
      October of 2015 we'll start getting the SA2015 & SAH2015
      Last edited by OG_Racing; 09-11-2014 at 08:55 AM.

My wife and I stopped by the OG Racing showroom this past weekend so she could try on some seats. I was thinking along the lines of the Sparco R100 or Crono but she didn't like the way they felt. She then wandered over to the racing seats and sat down in a Sparco EVO III and it fit her like a glove. She was comfortable in the seat, I was in shock, and we headed for home with a pair of new Sparco EVO III seats in the back of the pickup.

Thanks Brian!
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

my seat-brcaket and seat belt choice is narrowed down

Guys when I get my 64 F-85 car in the street, it will be like my RV for long tours. I may get involved with some AC time but mainly cruises. That said, for safety and comfort I am leaning on the Corbeau LG1 part number 25507, Corbeau 3-point retractable belt part number 43301B. I had to install new floors and braces in this car, prior to that it was a base F-85 no seat belts. So I ordered bucket seat braces for a 64-65 Chevelle from Auto Metal Direct-measure 3 times weld once! I also think I will order Wedge double lock sliders, I like the idea of sitting in the car and looking straight out the windshield instead of being higher up and looking down at the road. I read from some reviews the Wedge seat bracket and sliders sit lower than others. Any comments from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Quote Originally Posted by therobski View Post
      Guys when I get my 64 F-85 car in the street, it will be like my RV for long tours. I may get involved with some AC time but mainly cruises. That said, for safety and comfort I am leaning on the Corbeau LG1 part number 25507, Corbeau 3-point retractable belt part number 43301B. I had to install new floors and braces in this car, prior to that it was a base F-85 no seat belts. So I ordered bucket seat braces for a 64-65 Chevelle from Auto Metal Direct-measure 3 times weld once! I also think I will order Wedge double lock sliders, I like the idea of sitting in the car and looking straight out the windshield instead of being higher up and looking down at the road. I read from some reviews the Wedge seat bracket and sliders sit lower than others. Any comments from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
      Your application is truly unique. Please dont be to surprised as i do not know what seat would fit you best. Generally speaking The corbau's have a fair amount of padding that does lift you up. the LG1 is a nice seat. I think with any seat that you do pick out will need a custom fabbed seat base. that way you will get to the required seat height. i personally shy away from any 4 point harness. many tests have been done and i have yet to see the data that says they are safe to use. it's hard to beat a good factory 3 point.

Quote Originally Posted by OG_Racing View Post
      i personally shy away from any 4 point harness. many tests have been done and i have yet to see the data that says they are safe to use. it's hard to beat a good factory 3 point.
      Any thoughts regarding the Schroth Profi II ASM (Anti-SubMarining) 4 point harness?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

OG Racing: Lets Talk about Seats.

You can clearly see in the video of the lap harness entering the crash test dummy's stomach. Even in a slow pact that could lead to internal bleeding. The engineering is not there for 4 point harness to be safe.

I've always wondered why people cheap out on one of the most important things in their car

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

Hey guys, so Ive got a '69 Corvette convertible that Im just building as an enjoyable street car with upgraded suspension and brakes. Im planning on upgrading to a 3 point belt as the '69s actually had the provisions for them, even though they did not come with them. My question is, what kind of seat should I be looking at? My two biggest constraints are 1.) my size....6'6 - 210 lbs and 2.) the available real estate in the Corvette. Id like to go with a fixed back seat but haven't been able to find anything that looks like it will work without looking ridiculous in the car. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com