Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Is TMI shipping the Camaro headliners yet? I ordered one from MCB back in August and still have not received it. Last I heard Kim at MCB was saying TMI was having issues developing packaging but I would think three months is sufficient time to work that out.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I called them last week. I was advised they just about had the issues worked out and expected to start shipping in two weeks. I hope they aren't just being optimistic
      Daniel
      1969 Firebird LS3/T56

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...quot?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Dantigan View Post
      I called them last week. I was advised they just about had the issues worked out and expected to start shipping in two weeks. I hope they aren't just being optimistic
      That's good to know.

But I wonder why that headliner is no longer showing up on TMI's website?
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Country Flag: China
      Cindy Aden is the manager at TMI responsible for this product (extension 121). Spoke with her and Kim at MCB this week. Cindy clearly stated it would be at least 4 weeks before they are complete with reworking the mold as they had some fit up issues. Cindy did not try play down timing issue and was apologetic. I got same story about boxes and adhesive earlier in process but that was not the real issue. Basically it never got out of R&D correctly for the Camaro. Realistically it is at best 6 weeks before they ship and holding up my build. Holding my breath for now but pretty soon I will pass out.

Any good news?

Quote Originally Posted by meenaggie View Post
      Cindy Aden is the manager at TMI responsible for this product (extension 121). Spoke with her and Kim at MCB this week. Cindy clearly stated it would be at least 4 weeks before they are complete with reworking the mold as they had some fit up issues. Cindy did not try play down timing issue and was apologetic. I got same story about boxes and adhesive earlier in process but that was not the real issue. Basically it never got out of R&D correctly for the Camaro. Realistically it is at best 6 weeks before they ship and holding up my build. Holding my breath for now but pretty soon I will pass out.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Waiting patiently.

I'm still waiting too, any update?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I need to buy a headliner ASAP before I install my cage and I really wanted to buy this one piece. Sounds like I should just go buy a factory one though since they wont have a definite ship date. I hear the factory replacements are a major pain to install...

TMI is shipping the 67-68 one piece headliners. I received mine and looks very nice. Hoping to get installed picture soon from Tim at GAP. I also ordered the matching sun visors and they are a very nice piece.

How did the installation go? Any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by meenaggie View Post
      TMI is shipping the 67-68 one piece headliners. I received mine and looks very nice. Hoping to get installed picture soon from Tim at GAP. I also ordered the matching sun visors and they are a very nice piece.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Still not totally installed. Test fit and did have an issue at front windshield with the fiberglass not going far enough forward to keep headliner retained properly. Basically didn't work like instructions stated. Tim is working on a fix. Looked good but wish it would of fit without need for "fix". Will eventually get pic and will post them. Sorry I don't have a better update.

WOW !!! Affordable ONE piece headliner

I just installed one in a 69. The only problem I had was the holes they put in the fiberglass for the sunvisor mounts were off quite a bit. Other than that it wasn't bad at all.
      65 corvette, RS chassis, LS3, TKX

Just curious...

ragtop1968rs - Where did you get the headliner for the 69 Camaro??

All of the vendors I've checked say that they're "on back order"... and the TMI site doesn't even list them.

The holes being OFF for the sunvisor mounts sounds like a serious issue.
      How would you fill them and then cover them so they look nice???

I know on the Mustang headliner, there were no "holes" in the headliner material. By holes, I'm assuming he's referring to the holes in the fiberglass backing. I think I had some holes that were off a little bit, but the fiberglass wasn't that bad to work with, just have a punch and a unibit handy to enlarge some holes, and it's all workable.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

That's correct. The material still covered it, it was just some extra work. The guy who owns the car ordered it from TMI around the end of March. They told him 8 weeks and it showed up after about 4 weeks. It's a nice headliner, way better than the stock ones.

Correction, he ordered through camarointeriorparts.com much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by ragtop1968rs View Post
      That's correct. The material still covered it, it was just some extra work. The guy who owns the car ordered it from TMI around the end of March. They told him 8 weeks and it showed up after about 4 weeks. It's a nice headliner, way better than the stock ones.

Does this headliner require the plastic headliner moldings that were used with the original bow style headliner?

Any chance you could snag some pics of the installed piece?

All the original stuff has to come out. You reuse the original moldings on the sides but you don't use the front and back ones. It also comes with new pillar post moldings.

have u had chance to install? I see u have roll cage and im in same position and wonder how flexable headliner is? id be coming in from windshield or rear glass
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I'm still waiting too, any update?

The installation pdf link does not work on the site...that would answer a lot of questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com