Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

350 ramjet. which style nitrous kit. 100-125 shot

I have been getting numerous opinions from nitrous companies. Zex, nx, nos.
      I have a 350 ramjet. Stock gm crate motor, it has a throttle body similar to a ls motor.
      One company said that a ls wet kit will create turbulence in the intake. The other said that a diesel dry kit would work best.
      What I want is 100-125 shot as safe as I can for my motor

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chumscustoms View Post
      I have been getting numerous opinions from nitrous companies. Zex, nx, nos.
      I have a 350 ramjet. Stock gm crate motor, it has a throttle body similar to a ls motor.
      One company said that a ls wet kit will create turbulence in the intake. The other said that a diesel dry kit would work best.
      What I want is 100-125 shot as safe as I can for my motor
      You need to go with a wet kit, because your current EFI system will not know how to add extra fuel when you hit the nitrous, and thus will go lean. I also doubt that you have the extra flow capacity on your injectors to even add the fuel, even if the ECU knew how.

With the wet kit, you will add nitrous (remember that nitrous alone is not a fuel, it is merely an oxygen adder and needs gasoline to have a balanced air to fuel ratio) and gasoline together. Just make sure that your fuel pump can handle the extra flow.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com