Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

I need help! Too much presure in my block! AJs1luv

I not a professional, but this is where I am. I had a 350(zz4) rebuilt about a year and a half ago. It was a refresh, change gaskets and seals. I did upgrade cam and springs. I did not complete the install due to other responsibilities. I finally completed the install and found out the guy who rebuilt my motor put the wrong head gasket on. So water leaks out of valve covers. Good thing I didn't start motor, bad thing rebuilder move out of state. Know I don't trust anything! I paid 1800.00 for rebuild plus parts. Now repair! Now the problem is the motor leaks oil all around the valve covers. I have change the gaskets already from new to newer! I have breathers on both valve covers and a PCV on one side. Oil leaks out valve covers and valve cover bolts. Everyone says go LS, but no one can pay for it including me! My investment is here right now! I needs some options and advice!!!!

Country Flag: United States

zz350 zz350

You need to remove the head and look and or have it inspected for cracks. Is the coolant coming up around a rocker stud? Is it coming up around a head mount bolt. Either of those two scenarios will lead you to the correct resolution.

Water out of valve covers OR water inside valve covers.
      Cause when I was building my 75 Monza the engine sat in dads garage, ran salamander every night. engine wound up drawing moisture out of air and had water in it. Also as stated might have rocker stud leaking or coming up bolt hole.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

no water in oil

IF no water in oil water cant come from valve covers as they ONLY retain oil.
      There are only two GM SBC head gasket designs, GEN1/GEN2 and LT series. Unless it over hangs gasket bore they should not leak and LT gaskets are VERY obviously not gonna seal.
      OK three but even if you put 400 sbc head gaskets on it wont hurt anything.
      If no water in oil then you may have an INTAKE GASKET leaking too the outside. What heads are you running? and Intake. If one or the otther are raised runner then you might have an issue.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

oh yeah if you can get some clear bright pics and put arrows on them where water is coming out, might help.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com