Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Fontana Optima Event Custom Works Camaro

So all went well. The only issues we had were a too soft rear sway bar, and one of our BFG Rival tires decided to start coming apart. Our autocross and Speed Stop results weren't what they could have been, but that's what we had for the course that day. The Roadcourse was a lot of fun, and I feel we placed about where we should have. It was an honor to place second in the design and Engineering Portion, which was judged by Steve Rupp, Cam Douglas (optima), Lingenfelter Honcho, someone from K&N, and Larry Calehan from Pro-touring.

10th- Overall finish

12th- Autocross

12th- Speed Stop

7th- Roadcourse

2nd- Design & Engineering

here is a video of the 3 competition events

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ksxc-fXkVA

Country Flag: United States
      Nice ,Is there a link to the results? I'm curious to see the top 15 in the Autocross and Road course

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      Nice ,Is there a link to the results? I'm curious to see the top 15 in the Autocross and Road course
      http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/events/

So everyone is aware of the tire issue we had with the BFG Rival, here is an update. BFG has not done anything regarding the issue as of yet. Tirerack, who is the exclusive retailer and distributor of the Rival tire informed me that they have had issues with some of the other sizes of there than my 275/40/18 with the shoulder of the tire delaminating from the tread. Their technicians have received my photos below, and i provided them with my alignment specs and video of the car being run. They haven't gotten back to me as of yet with a determination. Below are pics of the single tire that has come apart. It was a left front. Also is a rear tire that appears to have cuts accross the tread, both rear tires have this and it appears to be as deep as the rubber. I have seen this on other tires we have run on the car in the past and never resulted in an issue. My biggest concern with the Rival tire is the durability of the tire when used in competition, for which it was supposedly designed for. Just a not, the outer shoulder is not worn through, and did not contribute to the splitting of the tire itself. The tire has about 60% tread left

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com