Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1969 Camaro Hardtop- 3rd Owner - Pro Tour Parts Installed

Hello All,

I am selling my beloved 69 Camaro, which I've had since before turning 16. It was a project my dad helped me to acquire and get to the point in which it sits to this very day. It is time for me to focus on buying my first home instead of pouring more money into the car. We purchased the car in Pennsylvania in December 1998 and it was purchased from the original owner by the 2nd owner in the early 80's. When we got it, it immediately needed an engine rebuild, new exhaust, and entire floor pans. The original engine is still in the car today, it was a 327 210hp linked to a Powerglide tranny. It was rebuilt .30 over and with Keith Black pistons. I wanted to replace the camshaft at the time, but didn't have the money, so the original still remains. The floor pans were redone in 1999 and are still in immaculate condition. They were installed extremely professionally, and will last a long time if kept off salt roads. The exhaust was replaced from a single factory tube to a dual flowmaster with 40 series mufflers. It also has exhaust cutouts installed just behind the Flowtech headers. The transmission was taken out and replaced with a rebuilt TH350. The original tranny still sits in my dads' garage. The heater core was replaced sometime in 1999 , the water pump and starter were both replaced sometime around 2000 or 2001. It also has a complete Pioneer Premier stereo system installed. There are 6 1/2" mids with tweeters installed in the doors, 6x9's in the rear deck (with sound insulated boxes), and a very large Aurasound amplifier tucked neatly into a custom designed trunk layout (see photo). The interior is almost all completely original (except for steering wheel and stereo) and it is in phenomenal shape for its age. The headliner looks brand new with no tears, scrapes, or scratches. The only real noticeable issue is with a 2" tear on the driver seat. It has a black standard interior with shoulder belts. I added a tachometer and temp gauge to the steering column (it has the factory clock in the center of the dash). The windshield wiper motor was replaced along with the lines as well. The car has a brand new battery and battery tray installed since last week. I decided to build the car in a pro-touring direction back in 2005, so I have installed several parts listed below:

- Ron Davis aluminum radiator with dual fans and overflow tank (The unit currently in the car is a lemon and Ron Davis is shipping out a new one, so the purchaser will get a brand new Ron Davis radiator)
      - MSD Ignition (6AL Control Box, Distributor, Coil, Wires)
      - Bonspeed Huntington Wheels (18x8 front and 18x10 rear) --> Could use a polishing
      - BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KD (245 front 285 rear)
      - Hotchkis 2" drop front coil springs and rear leaf springs
      - QA1 Stocker Star adjustable shocks on all four
      - Ford 9" rear (31 spline True Trac Posi, Moser axles and axle bearings, 3.55 Motive Performance gears, Timken bearings, and 10 bolt housing ends installed) <-- less than 5,000 miles on this unit
      - DSE Lower Shock Plates
      - Quick Start Automotive Electric 170 amp 3-wire Alternator
      - Aluminum radiator close out panel
      - March Alternator Bracket
      - Edelbrock aluminum intake
      - Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor
      - K&N 5" air filter
      - Painless Performance 7-circuit auxiliary fuse block
      - Front and rear spoiler
      - Misc. chrome engine parts and hoses

I have a few brand new parts that are still uninstalled:

- Global West Body Mount Bushings
      - Passenger side mirror
      - Miscellaneous steering arms and bushings
      - wheel well rubber mud flaps (drivers' side installed but not passenger side)
      - Chrome SBC oil pan
      - Fuzzy Dice

There are several issues with the car. The first being the body, which has had almost no TLC since it came off the factory floor (besides a cheap Maaco paint job sometime in the mid 80's). The car was in an accident before I owned it and damage occurred to the drivers' side rear quarter panel. The damaged section to the panel was cut out and a quarter panel skin was installed over it. As everyone obviously knows, this is not how it should have been repaired. This prevents the trunk lid from sealing the trunk and the trunk therefore leaks in one area on the drivers' side. The trunk lid also does not line up properly with the rear quarter skin. I've had the frame checked out by two different shops and the frame alignment is within factory tolerance. The car still has its' original vinyl top (black), which is in great condition, but the hardtop underneath shows signs of rust through the vinyl top. You can see the dimples through the vinyl and it is rusting around the rear, lower vinyl top trim. The rocker panels need to be replaced as they are in bad shape. Someone tore the door handle off the passenger side door skin before I owned the car and it was repaired using Bondo. So, the drivers' side quarter panel, both rocker panels, and passenger side door skin will need replacing. The red paint is faded and cracking in some spots. There is also rust in random other locations on the body (mostly around the lower edges of body panels and around the vinyl roof), but it is a very solid car. When the doors shut, there is no rattling, just a very solid feel to them. Also, the original power steering gearbox is leaking at the Pitman Arm. I would've fixed this before listing it for sale, but I am fairly certain that whomever purchases the car, will be replacing the entire steering system anyhow. It holds fluid as long as the car isn't turned on. Also, the transmission leaks slightly, but it too will most likely be replaced as it was geared for the original 10-bolt non-posi rear. Therefore, the engine revs very high at even low speeds. The brakes are also original (4-wheel drum) and will probably be replaced, though they are working perfectly. The engine leaks an extremely small amount of oil. All ball joints and the majority of the cars' bushings need to be replaced. The windshield and drivers' side glass have developed water spots, but I cannot figure out how. I also haven't worked on the car in several years now, and I haven't worked very hard to try and remove them. The car has always been garage kept, even by the previous owners as I understand it.

It has a 5" cowl hood, fabricated by me, installed on the car currently. I have the original hood in my garage to go with the car. New brake lines were installed in the rear during the 9" install and some fuel lines have been replaced since owning the car. It has approximately 38,000 miles on the rebuilt engine since 1999, and has somewhere around 136,500 total on the car. The first list of parts above all have less than 10,000 miles on them (Some only a few hundred). It needs a front end alignment which should be done after the steering system is replaced, but it has caused the front tires to wear more on the inside of both tires in very few miles (so the alignment is pretty far off).

The images taken at night are before the cowl hood and spoilers were installed.

I am asking $18,900 OBO. The car is located in my garage in Bend, Oregon and is available for sale locally as well. I'd love to see it go to a good home where it can continue its progression towards the road warrior it deserves to be. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer whatever I can.
      Attached Images Attached Images                                        
      69 camaro, Hotchkis 2" drop coils, Hotchkis 2" drop leafs, Hotchkis front sway bar, 12-way Adj. QA1's on all fours, Ford 9" with Tru-Trac and 3.50 gear (31 spline), 18" Bonspeed Huntigton's, BFG KD's (245F/285R)

Price lowered to $19,750

Bump Bump!
      69 camaro, Hotchkis 2" drop coils, Hotchkis 2" drop leafs, Hotchkis front sway bar, 12-way Adj. QA1's on all fours, Ford 9" with Tru-Trac and 3.50 gear (31 spline), 18" Bonspeed Huntigton's, BFG KD's (245F/285R)

Bump!

Price Drop! $18,900

Bump!

Error

Camaro

Error