Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Roof or overhead console

Hi all...Ive looked around and havent seen any topics discussing roof mounted consoles/switch panels. Is anyone running one (pics)? It would be interesting to have a small one for a few switches...

Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

I really LIKE my dual reading lights and storage area on my 2000 Chev truck. I'm going to be running power and installing one on my 69 Camaro. So .. no ... I don't have pics yet.

Country Flag: United States
      That sort of thing might work well on trucks and big rigs, but I doubt you'll have enough headroom in a Firebird to make it work. I prefer a clean headliner myself.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I always thought that the one I have in my Dodge Dakota would be cool in my Camaro. Compass, thermometer, garage door opener, reading lights... Not sure what it would take to wire one in, though.
      Todd Longfellow

one option you have is to use capacitive switches. you can mount these behind a piece of plexi for a low profile look. you can have a company like emblem pros custom engrave the icons or text you want on the back side of some plexi, then use one of these boards to control some relays. You can add some back or side lighting and have a low profile and high end looking panel.

you can get more complicated then this too. I can give you some assistance if you need it.
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

I prefit an overhead from a last gen S10 Blazer in my 2nd gen. (Not my original idea). Saw one in a late 2nd gen Camaro. It is low profile, has 2 storage bins, 2 map lights, a main interior light, and a space at the very front for multiple switches. I'll see if I can find pics. Mind is out right now.... Middle of my build.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com