Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lords of the Car Hoards Charger

Hey guys, so I watched a show called Lords of the Car Hoards a little while back and on their final episode they built a cool looking Charger. I'm not a MOPAR guy but damn did this car look nice. I think they did a bare metal kind of look with a powder coating or something like that. What do y'all think of the paint job and whole aesthetic look to it?

Name:  Hoard5-1.jpg
Views: 5830
Size:  159.3 KBName:  10171669_568777869888059_4308260347241871603_n.jpg
Views: 6599
Size:  75.7 KBName:  photo-4-e1397672324349.jpg
Views: 28213
Size:  86.8 KB

Connor

I think it looks good, cool idea. It would be a heck of a lot of work though since you can't put any body filler on it.
      1967 Firebird (current project)
      1967 Firebird (unfinished project SOLD)

Gap on hood looks like *****.

that's true about the body filler... didn't think about that. And Anthony your talking about the un-even part of the hood? yeah it doesn't look too good when you look closely...
      Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
      I think it looks good, cool idea. It would be a heck of a lot of work though since you can't put any body filler on it.
      It is a technique done on silver paint between the base coat and clear coat. After the base coat you use a scotchbrite type pad to create the lines, then you clear over it. I have seen the technique done a few times before. I even saw some guy named Chip do it on a Mustang hood on TV once.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mmosley View Post
      It is a technique done on silver paint between the base coat and clear coat. After the base coat you use a scotchbrite type pad to create the lines, then you clear over it. I have seen the technique done a few times before. I even saw some guy named Chip do it on a Mustang hood on TV once.
      so that means body filler is do-able on something like this?
      Connor

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBoxer92 View Post
      so that means body filler is do-able on something like this?

If this car was done like they said it was on the show then you couldn't use body filler. I watched the show and they said they just used a clear powder coat over the bare metal.

Now like mmosley said you can get a similar look with silver paint base, then scotchbrite the base coat in a uniform direction, then clear coat. Now I have never done this but I have heard of it and I believe I saw Foose do it on TV also.
      1967 Firebird (current project)
      1967 Firebird (unfinished project SOLD)

I think its more then fender alignment no? the drive side doesn't look half bad.

That thing is sweet
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

I hated that end result. The Charger has some of the best lines out there, a nice coat of deep black or red paint looks phenomenal on them. In the show you could see the repop metals had a different color tone to them, and now you are stuck with this as it is not clear coated, but powder coated! Good luck getting that off. These full metal cars I believe are a trend, and this will look dated pretty shortly. It's one thing to show off bare metal work on say a 40's custom, but this just looks tacky to me. I like bare metal accents, like say a stripe down the top of the car, but this is too much for me.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com