Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14
      Looks freaking awesome man!! Almost there!

A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

- 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

Country Flag: Canada
      Can you show a pic of where and how you mounted your backup camera?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AB69Z View Post
      Can you show a pic of where and how you mounted your backup camera?
      It’s a license plate frame mount off amazon. We needed the camera mount and the license plate light, as the original bumper mounted lights are removed to make room for the top of license plate frame to sit in that space behind the bumper. It’s held on with the original license plate screws and lower bumpers. We used an OEM camera, since we used the 5th gen body control systems. We had to mod the plate frame to accept the larger camera, and fabricate custom micro brackets for it. We then painted the frame body color, which makes it subdued against the chrome on the back end and hard to tell it there at first glance. Same approach taken with the backup sensors. We didn’t take pics of the mods on the frame, but it only involved a file and not required if using an aftermarket camera. I believe it was a pioneer frame at @ $40.
      Before painted frame:
      Name:  FBF65F11-746D-4D0C-A5B4-7657AE76F6FD.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  190.3 KB

The only pic we have with it off car painting
      Name:  8D212744-5015-450C-8B9C-90BB58B174AD.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  148.1 KB

finished up the clearancing on the door handles and painted them along with other nit-noids and the trunk hinges that the paint shop "overlooked". Completed and charged the evaporator core for the win on HVAC integration design. Only a few more duct adapter parts to CAD up and print and will be complete there.

out of the shop and into the office for some design and printing of trim and duct parts. side and center vent adapters, defroster vents, and light sensor bezel

These look awesome John, any chance you still have the files for the side vent ducts?

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      These look awesome John, any chance you still have the files for the side vent ducts?
      Sure Jim. PM me your email and I zip and send the source and stl.

SWEET! I hope you guys are having a great time! The car looks great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Figures, year I don't go lol

I love seeing cars in person that you have followed through entire build. you feel much more attachment to it haha

I must be the last guy without a 3d printer. Car looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I must be the last guy without a 3d printer. Car looks good!
      Nope, me either and if I did I couldn't figure out how to run it!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Finally started this build...

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonomad View Post
      Thanks..the donor zl1 we got was stripped of everything but the dash, body harness, bcm, and a few modules....so suspension and brakes were gone. at the time the c6z06 OEM brake kit was the simplest bolt-on (no mods required) for the ATS spindles as well as the torino big ends on the 9" thanks to Kore3..can buy the replacements anywhere if something goes wrong on road. A lot of the mods were done not necessarily to be cool, but more so for reliability and servicability. We would have loved to install the AME IRS had it been available when we started...that would have gotten us wheel speed sensors for ABS/TCS..its all wired in and modules in place just no good sensor solutions..do a search on here or ls1tech. i posted pics of 5th gen mirror taped to the car...way to big for our tastes. Sunroof is a big get if you pull it off...if you plan on using the window modules for controlling the windows through the LIN busses, you will need to toss the sunroof off your wish list. the sunroof uses the same LIN bus as the rear windows (convertible). base BCM calibration of a non sunroof car will allow you to pin in rear window harness without BCM recal....or make sure donor car is a factory convertible and you get it all. GM not to likely to issue a VCI number to your donor VIN adding or removing RPO cals. Good luck! and post your questions.
      I have secured a suitable ZL1 donor car finally, parts stripped off, Main harness laid out on floor and engine running. Have begun the process of retrofitting it into my 69 body shell, just completed installing the dash and currently working on the pedals. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. 1) How did you integrate the power windows? 2) The restomod HVAC unit control...were you able to interface it with the factory module and controls? 3) How did you bypass and satisfy the computer with regards to the mag ride system? (I am using the AME IRS & IFS so I can get the wheel sensors for ABS/TCS) 4) What setup did you use for the drive shaft? Hope you are enjoying your sweet ride...Hope to have mine rolling by mid to late summer.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com