Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone here use Pirelli P Zero tires on anything? Opinions?

Looking for the tires sizes I want to use {245/45/18 front and 275/45/18 rear} there seems to only be a few options with a good tread wear rating and the Pirelli P Zero and P Zero Rossa tires seem to look like the best for performance usage.

Has anyone used these tires? Does anyone have any opinions on them?
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Country Flag: United States

Anyone here use Pirelli P Zero tires on anything? Opinions?

Not a fan! They were standard issue on my new Mustang and are fine on the street but terrible in any track situation, sidewalls are way too soft. Michelin Super Sports are far better.

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Hi Nick,

I'm very late with a reply to you (I just recently joined) and so I'm not sure if this will still help you, but I have a lot of experience with Pirelli P Zero tires, as I've owned 6 sets to date --- 5 on my 2005 supercharged Mustang, and 1 (so far) on my 1967 Camaro.

In short, they are wonderful. They wear really well --- each set lasted over 25,000 miles, and I drive them hard --- they corner well, they are relatively quiet, they work well in the rain. Most every review out there puts them neck-and-neck with Michelin Pilot Sport tires.

Anthony

For the street hate em. I had em on a 2004 HSV Grange (Holden's highest end sports luxury sedan). Highest HP output engine in their fleet. The soft sidewalls saw me go through the P-Zero's in under 20,000 miles, and not cheap to replace. My view, good street / track tyre but don't expect a long life out of them, they are pretty soft
      Chris Luxford

68 Camaro 632 BBC

61 Buick Lesabre - Daily Driver

06 Prius - Wife's a tree hugger !

I run them on my daily's summer rims, i don't mind them other than the tread wear. Haha. With Wisconsin's 5 months of nice weather i dont put out to many miles on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1truckguy78 View Post
      I run them on my daily's summer rims, i don't mind them other than the tread wear. Haha. With Wisconsin's 5 months of nice weather i dont put out to many miles on.
      Hush...I just moved to Wi in May and I am pretending that I live in San Diego....

Nick...are are you running such tall tires...

Why don't you run 275/40s and 245/40s...that will greatly increase your tire options...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Hush...I just moved to Wi in May and I am pretending that I live in San Diego....

Nick...are are you running such tall tires...

Why don't you run 275/40s and 245/40s...that will greatly increase your tire options...

Andrew
      Andrew. I have several reasons.

-I think the lower profile tires look great on some cars when they are sitting down. I will be nice and just say I dont like them on the 66-67 GTO. IMO the 67' almost looks like a full size car and needs a taller rear tire and the proper front tire to go with, to look right. Again JMO. I also have a thing for the stuffed pro street side profile thing....probably a repressed thing from my childhood car craft magazine days....

-The other reason is that I live in Iowa and the roads here are terrible and I need that extra inch or so of ground clearance. I dont mean they are kind of bad. I mean that one of our main drag 45 MPH roads here is so bad, I would put it up as a front runner for "worst road, 45 MPH and higher, in America" I think the taller tires will help out a bit.

I ended up going with a 245/45/18 Nitto555 and a 265/50/18 Nitto555. I have them in the garage now. They seem like they are going to fit well.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

That all makes sense...I am eager to see what it will look like.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I have sets of P-Zeros and Pilot Super Sports. I prefer the Michelins. They're both great tires however the P-Zero's design and technology are a bit dated. They are also notably more expensive than the Super Sports. The one plus side is the Pirellis are always a pound or two or three lighter than the Michelins.
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

I ran a set of p zero nero 24s on my jeep srt for several years. I could only get about 20K miles out of them, which isn't near what the tread rating suggests. I am now back on 20s with nittos. The nittos are rated at 200, and I'll probably get about 20K out of them, but at least that's truth in advertising.

Greg
      1976 Trans Am SacrilEdge
      twin turbo 455
      Ttops and 4spd
      one of 110 made
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ect&highlight=
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ilEdge-is-free!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com