Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1970 Hugger Orange Rally Sport Z/28 for sale...

I hope this is OK to list the car this way, it's a really long ad and I don't have the time to re-type...I will take close up pictures of the trim tag and interior today!
      http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279146

'67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12
      World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
      Used to be known as musclecarjohn

www.buickfunnycar.com
      http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

She's a beaut'! Cut and paste is what I usually do.
      Norwood built, 77,655 original miles, one of 8,733 total built, obviously less Rally Sport cars made (GM has no record of the number of RS Z/28's built) ...purchased in 1981 and owned 33 years.

Non matching # engine but car features a '70 LT-1 service block purchased new at Roller Chevrolet in Monterey,CA in 1970 by a family friend, can possibly produce verification of that transaction. Matching # M-21 with Hurst linkage and 3.73 posi rear end.

Car was completely restored in 2001 and all receipts will go with the car.
      Original Hugger Orange car with black vinyl top which was removed by a previous owner...car has always been in Nor Cal.

Was the featured car in the '08 January issue of Chevy High Performance magazine, voted #8 of the Top Ten CHP Street Machines of 2008 (CHP March '09), on the cover of the Spring '08 Pace Performance master catalog and featured in numerous Flowmaster advertisements...all copies go with the car.

Suspension mods include 2" Hotchkis lowered front springs, mid-eye rear springs, 1" rear blocks, stock sway bars and Edelbrock IAS shocks all-around. Car will be sold with correct Z/28 styled-steel wheels and reproduction Goodyear Polyglas F60-15 bias-ply tires.

This car was involved in a double-murder in 1971 by Charles Griffin (still in prison as far as I know) and the car was used to transport the dead bodies to their final resting place...one in the trunk and the other in the passenger footwell.
      If this makes you squeamish...STOP READING...this car is not for you.

Car is currently being fine-tuned by Michael Young's Speed & Custom in Salinas where it'll be gone completely over from top-to-bottom...an attempt will be made to re-fit the original finned LT-1 valve covers over the taller Comp Cams 1.5 roller rockers.

Cali "360 HP" plates will go with the car.

Car would make a great candidate for a modern pro-touring car, the body is super straight and the paint...which has always been garaged...looks as good as it did when re-finished.

Please PM me with any and all questions, I'm sure I've left out many other points on the car and will add them as they come to mind.

Asking $32K/OBO...serious inquires only, no trades considered...need the room!

Country Flag: United States
      "This car was involved in a double-murder in 1971 by Charles Griffin (still in prison as far as I know) and the car was used to transport the dead bodies to their final resting place...one in the trunk and the other in the passenger footwell"

Really??? Thats unique to even have this info let alone of it being true.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      "This car was involved in a double-murder in 1971 by Charles Griffin (still in prison as far as I know) and the car was used to transport the dead bodies to their final resting place...one in the trunk and the other in the passenger footwell"

Really??? Thats unique to even have this info let alone of it being true.
      LOL!

Thanks Andy for the heavy lifting...additional pictures have been posted!
      '67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12

www.buickfunnycar.com

Car is sold guys, thanks for all the kind words...

www.buickfunnycar.com

Country Flag: United States
      Do you know or have the contact information of the person that bought your camaro?
      I am looking to buy 1970 RS camaro
      Thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com